Urologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  He's The Best...  |  show details
by Sue Smith on Feb 17th, 2014

Dr. Lowery did a bladder sling for incontinence for me in the summer of 2000, and I would highly recommend him to any woman that needs this service. He and his staff were excellent. I healed with very little discomfort and needed NO pain meds. I had reached the point where I couldn't walk or exercise without losing urine, causing embarrassment and discomfort, and had to wear maxi pads to work. He gave me a new lease on life that has lasted many years. He's the best!

|  Dr. Lowry is GREAT!!!  |  show details
by Phil "Randy" James on Jul 27th, 2013

I have been seeing Doctor Lowry for many years! I read the reviews that some gave for him and found them to be totally wrong from my experience. Case in point, I went to see him yesterday about a change in my medication made by a neurologist because of dizziness and passing out. He first said that he would write letters to my regular doctor, my neurologist and cardiologist telling them that the medicine that I was taking was not causing my symptoms. He then looked at my chart and said that it was about time for my PSA test. Had it done yesterday and he personally called me to tell me that my PSA had increased by 50% over last years. He then said that we will wait for 6 months to have the biopsy until I have Moh's surgery on basal cell carcinoma, have a 4th CAT scan of my brain in 4 months to see if the lesion is growing. He recognized that I had a lot on my plate and he didn't want to add to it by insisting on a biopsy now. He explained the minimal risks in waiting. What doctor takes time out of their busy schedule to personally talk to a patient on the phone - Dr. Wade Lowry is one of the few!! When it comes time for my biopsy in 6 months, I have full confidence in Dr. Lowry making the right decisions and recommendations!!

|  Wouldn't recommend Dr. Lowry  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2013

Oh my gosh where do I start. My dad had prostate cancer and was receiving the hormone shots. Dr. Lowry said I will watch him and take care of his cancer - he doesn't need to see an onc. Well he would have the shots and the blood tests but they wouldn't have us come in for three to six months and when they did call us in after several months his PSA was 25. We thought he was watching it but he didn't. "Uh you better see an oncologist now!" He would have other procedures also and the office would not tell us what to do to follow up. One time after a procedure, I tried to get him in to get the catheter taken out and they are like - he still has a catheter - he should have had that out a week ago. They didn't know he still had it or that he hadn't had it out. The Uriology center is nice and friendly but Lowry's staff is not - if you ask them to do something it is like well I'm so busy, I don't have time to do that even though it is my job. I will say he is a good surgeon and had several successful procedures

|  Good Urologist  |  show details
May 30th, 2012

Had two biopsis. Lowery takes the samples. the hospital reads them and sends a report. if there is cancer present it is stated clearly on the report. my first was clear; the second showed one sample with gleason 9 cancer. went to USMD for radiation and hormone therapy. so far psa is way down. still on watch and wait regime. Lowery is a straight tell it like it is guy

|  DON'T USE Dr. Wade Lowry!  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2012

Take my advice - go to another doctor. Anyone.Dr. Lowry failed to read my prostate biopsy. As a result, I carried Cancer in my prostate around for an additional 13 months before he performed a 2nd biopsy, which he actually took time to read.1st biopsy showed Cancer, Gleason 6; 2nd biopsy (13 months later) showed Cancer, Gleason 7. Result? Probability of no cancer in 10 years reduced from 97% to 73%. Would YOU like those odds?Do YOU think it's OK for a Doctor to not read results of tests ordered?GO USE SOMEONE ELSE! ANYONE!

|  Rude, Inconsiderate, & Arrogant  |  show details
by T.W. on Apr 10th, 2009

Does not know what he is talking about. Told my dad he had cancer when it was an infection. Was charged for an office visit when the only service we got was LIP SERVICE. He is in need of an attitude adjustment!!!

|  Bladder  |  show details
by ginnywinnieb on May 13th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Lowery treated me for incontinence and I found him to be very cordial with a good bedside manner. I would recommend him.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com