Dr. Wade Lowry MD Patient Reviews

Hate him
Such a rude man

December 24th, 2016
Vasectomy went great
Dr. Wade performed my vasectomy. He was attentive and a very pleasant man. Took time before the procedure to explain everything fully and gave me one last chance to back out. Operation was fast and efficient (no complaints). I would recommend him to my friends looking to have this procedure done.

December 23rd, 2016
GREAT EXPERIENCE, FRIENDLY, HELPFUL
Great experience, took his time talking to me and helping me. Friendly, helpful, and would recommend. Prescribed best for me based on my age/ condition

July 8th, 2016
Run, don"t walk! Run away
Because of a surgery he botched over 20 years ago, I have suffered with bladder problems ever since. I was told by an excellent Urologist in Dallas, at Southwest Medical, that the first shot at fixing your bladder is the best shot you have. Well Lowery was my first shot and even two more surgeries couldn't fix things. I now use adult diapers. He was rude and thought he was funny and witty. I hate him. Dr Pace, his partner is wonderful. When my husband was hospitalized with bladder cancer, Dr Pace cared for him. My husband was comfortable with Dr Pace, so he continued going to him, after we told him, we'd never see his partner under any circumstances.

June 8th, 2015
EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN
Dr Lowry is an excellent urologist and there is no one better in his field. He is a kind and compassionate physician who has been caring for the residents of Northeast Tarrant County for over 30 yrs. He is very professional and has a wonderful bedside manner.

April 29th, 2015
I was having severe UTI's. Diagnosed me within 2 minutes of seeing me and without asking any questions other than if I was sexually active - says my condition is very common among females that are sexually active. While my symptoms and UTI's have subsided, his abrupt and overly frank nature - particularly about the frequency of intercourse and how "that will change too" after I shared that we had intercourse frequently - I felt were abrasive and insensitive to my needs. He got a laugh at my expense and it was not appreciated.

April 20th, 2015
As a new patient, Dr Lowry may have spent sufficient time 'talking' to me however there was no physical exam. He laughed when I explained what I felt was going on with my body in relation to my urinary tract. I've had UT issues my entire life yet he felt the need to 'school' me on diffences between kidney, bladder, and urinary tract infections. I have to rate Accurate Diagnosis as "poor" because he did not 'diagnose' at all. I sincerely wish I had had the 'good' experience that others on this site have had. I am unfortunately still seeking a urologist to work with in my area.

March 12th, 2015
Excellent physician.

February 17th, 2014
He's The Best...
Dr. Lowery did a bladder sling for incontinence for me in the summer of 2000, and I would highly recommend him to any woman that needs this service. He and his staff were excellent. I healed with very little discomfort and needed NO pain meds. I had reached the point where I couldn't walk or exercise without losing urine, causing embarrassment and discomfort, and had to wear maxi pads to work. He gave me a new lease on life that has lasted many years. He's the best!

July 27th, 2013
Dr. Lowry is GREAT!!!
I have been seeing Doctor Lowry for many years! I read the reviews that some gave for him and found them to be totally wrong from my experience. Case in point, I went to see him yesterday about a change in my medication made by a neurologist because of dizziness and passing out. He first said that he would write letters to my regular doctor, my neurologist and cardiologist telling them that the medicine that I was taking was not causing my symptoms. He then looked at my chart and said that it was about time for my PSA test. Had it done yesterday and he personally called me to tell me that my PSA had increased by 50% over last years. He then said that we will wait for 6 months to have the biopsy until I have Moh's surgery on basal cell carcinoma, have a 4th CAT scan of my brain in 4 months to see if the lesion is growing. He recognized that I had a lot on my plate and he didn't want to add to it by insisting on a biopsy now. He explained the minimal risks in waiting. What doctor takes time out of their busy schedule to personally talk to a patient on the phone - Dr. Wade Lowry is one of the few!! When it comes time for my biopsy in 6 months, I have full confidence in Dr. Lowry making the right decisions and recommendations!!

March 27th, 2013
Wouldn't recommend Dr. Lowry
Oh my gosh where do I start. My dad had prostate cancer and was receiving the hormone shots. Dr. Lowry said I will watch him and take care of his cancer - he doesn't need to see an onc. Well he would have the shots and the blood tests but they wouldn't have us come in for three to six months and when they did call us in after several months his PSA was 25. We thought he was watching it but he didn't. "Uh you better see an oncologist now!" He would have other procedures also and the office would not tell us what to do to follow up. One time after a procedure, I tried to get him in to get the catheter taken out and they are like - he still has a catheter - he should have had that out a week ago. They didn't know he still had it or that he hadn't had it out. The Uriology center is nice and friendly but Lowry's staff is not - if you ask them to do something it is like well I'm so busy, I don't have time to do that even though it is my job. I will say he is a good surgeon and had several successful procedures

May 30th, 2012
Good Urologist
Had two biopsis. Lowery takes the samples. the hospital reads them and sends a report. if there is cancer present it is stated clearly on the report. my first was clear; the second showed one sample with gleason 9 cancer. went to USMD for radiation and hormone therapy. so far psa is way down. still on watch and wait regime. Lowery is a straight tell it like it is guy