Dr. Wafa Abbud Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Wafa Abbud?

September 21st, 2017

Love Dr. Abbud

Dr. Abbud is thorough. She listens to every word you say when describing your ailment but you have to be clear and repeat some info. I think this is normal given that doctors see so many patients every day and I figure part of my job as the patient is to keep things simple and clear. I've found this helps her enormously. Dr. Abbud is quiet but quite funny when she gets to know you. She is an amazing diagnostician. She does not mind that I keep notes to remind her of particular info. One thing I learned is that Dr. Abbud is 100% ethical and that means a lot to me. I am 70 years old and she's only the 3rd doctor I've ever had. When Dr. Smothers retired I wept and then worried about who I would have as a doctor and that was Dr. Klein (who I really liked) but she came and went and now I have Dr. Abbud and I'm so grateful. Staff is kind and thorough. Sometimes I have to wait for awhile past appointment time but I always bring a book. Doctor's never really know how long an appointment is going to take and I want her to take her time with me so I'm not complaining.

July 3rd, 2016

I believe in her because she made me believe in myself! I am a success story!

April 23rd, 2015

college professional

I was diagnosed with a serious illness in 2014. I had to have chemo for 8 months. Her directions throughout this ordeal have stuck in my head, " Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate," and "You must stay positive," are just two that I remember. She gave me hope. She relayed that there are people who are very old who are living with this illness. Recently I went in to see Dr. Abbud with chemo related neuropathy in my hands. It can be a very painful side effect of this drug treatment program. However, I was hesitant to start another drug regime (because of all the other drugs I had to take while in chemo therapy). Finally, I tried it and it did help. She is thorough, and kind, though of few words. Her staff are kind and courteous as well.

November 18th, 2014

retired from clinical work

Dr. Abbud saved my life, I am convinced. I was diagnosed with cancer in 2013, and had surgery to remove the cancerous organ. I was discharged as being all clear. Less than a month later, I had a small pain on the other side of my body. I went in to see my PCP, Dr. Abbud, and she ordered a test. The next day after the test she called me personally. She ordered me to immediately go "In" to the hospital for further assessment telling me it was urgent. They found cancer. I am doing well today, 9 months later, because it was caught relatively early. Dr. Abbud inherited a practice, and I was just one of many. I had not seen her very many times when this happened. I appreciate her straightforward, thorough manner, and her ability to listen. Her staff seem happy in spite of all the paperwork the medical people have these days. I have recommended her to family and friends.

November 27th, 2013

Try to reach me if you can

We have NOT had a good experience with Dr. Abbud. It seems she is too busy to take care of her patients or to return a phone call. I thought you had a family physician so they could guide you. I have elderly parents and am just trying to do the very best I can by them and since I am not a Dr. I thought she should/would be compassionate enough to help guide me. But again I am on my own so I will do what I have to. We are now in the process of looking for a new Dr. so long Abbud

December 13th, 2011

I have never met a less compassionate doctor. She does not listen to what is wrong with you and has a tendency to talk down to you. She misdiagnosed my step-sister who ended up having cancer and will not run needed tests on my husband. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone unless they are in prime health and never suffer any pain because she won't prescribe anything for you anyway and even if she does, it never gets to the pharmacy.

October 26th, 2011

If I hadn't switched to Dr. Abbud, I probably would not be writing this review. My fist visit she sent me right to Mc Laren ER where I was diagnosed with a big blood clot on my brain. Had to surgery 2 days later. Now ! month later I am living proof miracles do happen.

October 27th, 2010

Exceptional care!!!

I have been seeing Dr. Abbud for more than five years.. Very professional and caring...She goes above and beyond in educating me about my condition.. she arranges for me a plan of care that would fit my life style.. this way I don't get overwhelmed. I highly recommend Dr Abbud to any patient who is seeking excellent care!!

April 11th, 2017