Dr. Wai Leung MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3
  • 4 reviews

August 7th, 2014
Poor office managements
Dr Leung always over books patients. My waiting time was 6 hours plus without lunch. I left without see the doctor because I broke with the parking fee. The waiting room was so clouded. People waited outside the office. People sat on top of the medical waste boxes and specimen boxes. The staff was horrible. When I complained the wait time. They put 8 more people in front of me. Thanks and no thanks.

March 13th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
So far Dr. Leung has been very accurate in diagnosing and treating any medical issues.I find him to have excellent bedside manners,very professional, and easy to comunicate.I do not mind waiting for i have all the time in the world especially when i don't feel well.Don't forget patience is a vertue.Life is too short to be so petty.

August 30th, 2011
Do not see this doctor. Terrible.
Dr. Leung's office displays the lowest level of professionalism. They always overbook appointments so you end up waiting 1-2 hours on average to see Dr. Leung. I've waited up to 3 hours before. When you arrive at the office, you will probably see 15 people waiting in line to see Dr. Leung before you, even if you arrive before your appointment time. For someone who has supposedly been in practice for a long time, Dr. Leung should know how many people he can see a day. I understand there may be problems occasionally that cause appointments to get backed up, but this happens every single time.This place constantly insists on wasting your time. Even after collecting blood for a routine test, they "require" you to see Dr. Leung (with wait times up to an hour), even after you tell them you dont need to see him. This is probably some scam so they can charge the insurance for an office visit. When I inquired about why I "must" see the doctor, I was ignored. The "nurse" seemed quite annoyed that I asked for a reason why Dr. Leung needed to see me, and she then proceeded to watch TV rather than answer my question. (It would not surprise me if she wasn't a real nurse. I only say "nurse" because she was wearing scrubs and did the duties of a nurse.) Why did they think they could make me stay if they weren't going to tell me why I needed to? To be honest, it felt like they thought they could treat their patients like prisoners. What they say goes. If they tell you to stay, you stay. No questions asked. I refused to take this kind of disrespect. Since they did not provide a reason for me to stay, I left. I received a call (an hour later after I had already returned home) from the office telling me that if I did not return to see the doctor, they would not process my blood test for billing reasons. Why wasnt I told this before I left? After I returned, I spoke to Dr. Leung about his "nurse" blatantly ignoring my questions. To my surprise, he sided with his "nurse", rather than admitting that his "nurse" was wrong. He says the staff is not trained to explain the medical reasons why he must see the patient. Only he can do that. They are just told when patients must see him. (I had only asked for a general reason why I must see Dr. Leung, not a medical reason.) When asked why the staff does not relay questions directly to him, he says he is too busy and that questions would slow down efficiency. I would rather wait longer and know what I am waiting for, rather than wait for a few minutes less without knowing the reason why I am waiting. Rather than seeing this as an opportunity to improve his practice, he seemed quite content to be set in his ways. He went on to boast about how most of his patients love him and that you cant satisfy everyone. He told me to find another doctor if I did not like the way he ran his practice.If Dr. Leungs practice has any redeeming quality, it might be his medical knowledge. Though Ive only needed to see him for routine things, he seemed to practice good medicine.However, be warned. A doctor who is willing to let patients go that easily obviously does not care about the patients. He must be making so much money that it doesnt matter if patients dont come back.

January 6th, 2010
Out of date
While he means well and has a lot of patients, he is out of date and practices medicine that is 10 years old. He ordered tests that have been replaced by newer better tests. When I went to another doctor in one of the major Manhattan hospitals, I found out that Dr Leung did many things wrong. For example, he started me on several blood pressure medications but never could control my blood pressure. When I switched doctors, then just went up on the dose of two medications and then I was fine. Same thing with my cholesterol. It was high for years, then the new doctor just increased the dose and I was fine. He is just too busy seeing so many patients to take good care of his patients and does not have time to keep up to date with the newest technologies and treatments. The one good thing is that he speaks Mandarin, but who cares?