A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Waldo Avello:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Waldo Avello is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Waldo Avello, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
Education & Awards
Dr. Avello graduated from UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson, Piscataway.
Dr. Avello has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Essentia Health – St. Marys Medical Center
- St Lukes Hospital Of Duluth
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Avello accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthPartners - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 5 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 17 plans
- Anthem - 7 plans
- Unicare - 6 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Security Health Plan of Wisconsin - 7 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans