Dr. Walker Lyerly IV Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Walker Lyerly IV?

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Walker Lyerly IV?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 14th, 2016

pick another doctor

Seeing Dr. Lyerly was the worst experience I've had with a psychiatrist. I felt as if I was being cornered with his questions, and was extremely uncomfortable. He did not listen to me, and made quick, inaccurate assumptions. I felt extremely judged and misunderstood. The decisions he made were unbelievably unhelpful and made a bad situation 100x worse. A horrible experience and one that, no exaggeration, was nearly emotionally scarring. Never have I felt worse in a supposedly "professional" situation. Excruciatingly horrible experience. Do not go see this man.

November 13th, 2015

Keep this man away from your teenaged daughter.

July 22nd, 2015

Great doctor

I have been seeing Walker since I was about twelve years old. I have seen many other doctors, I just didn't feel they were as invested in my well being or felt it as I do when I talk to him. I feel comfortable around him and never had a problem opening up. He is a great listener and asks engaging questions while working with you to get to where you need to be. He is the only doctor I will deal with in this field

June 18th, 2012

He spends time with you on areas that are concerning to him and wants you to answer those questions that he asks. I wish he would take health insurance but I'm not going to see anyone else.

November 4th, 2011

Dr. Lyerly = Great Person

This doctor changed my life. He is kind, inspiring, and interested in what you have to say. Not only does he listen, but he also gives good feedback and life advice. DO NOT LISTEN to what others say about him if it is negative. This doctor will truly change your outlook on life.

July 16th, 2010

Dr. Lyerly is Amazing

Dr. Lyerly saved my life. Before seeing him I had no motivation, spent every day in despair lying in bed , and thought about suicide all the time. I had heard great things about Dr. Lyerly...so I decided to call up and make an appointment. The secretary was really amazing and kind - and made me feel like there was actually hope of getting better. I was able to see Dr. Lyerly that week...and he got my history and recommended Lexapro and Concerta. It turns out that I actually had underlying ADD symptoms that have NEVER BEEN TREATED!! I didn't even know that I had ADD...but Dr. Lyerly told me that my untreated ADD could be leading to depression. I started Lexapro and Ritalin, and now I am AMAZING. I graduated Valedictorian of my class, and am going to an Ivy League school. I can't believe that I was once in bed crying every day, and now I am excited about my future. None of this would be possible without Dr. Lyerly. Do not believe anything bad you hear about him. He is a miracle worker

May 27th, 2010

Horrible Doctor. Under no circumstances should you see him.

This doctor was terrible for me. He prescribed me far too much Depakote than should have been prescribed for my body weight and by doing so endangered my liver. After moving to a new doctor I realized his knowledge of available drugs and treatments is very limited. Also, when I was in between doctors, I politely asked him if I could get a refill on my meds so they would last until I was able to find a new doctor, telling him that I was stable and everything was fine. He asked if he could check up on me real quick, and I allowed him to. He called me, a phone call which lasted less than five minutes, where I simply repeated that everything was fine. He charged me $175 for that unwanted phone call, and he and the owner of the practice refused to refund the egregious charge.

May 27th, 2010

Horrible Doctor. Under no circumstances should you go to him.

December 14th, 2016