inactive

Wallace R Arthur MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

January 21st, 2015
Dangerous to say the least
Failure to respond responsibly and ethically in MANY ways. Failure to recognize serious side-effects of medications three times which cost me thousands of dollars in medical bills and missed work. One being facial swelling (thank God my Dermatologist was married to a Psychiatrist who knew about the facial swelling being seen in Pristiq users). I went through serious emotional distress with that for 6 MONTHS! Dr. A had no idea what was happening. I was forgiving until this pattern kept repeating. With one medication, I went into a state of Serotonin Syndrome-which I suspected- but I was dismissed, and Dr. Arthur encouraged me to continue the medication. Serotonin Syndrome can be very dangerous. I quit the med, and after getting a second and third opinion from other psychiatrists, I was told that I was "absolutely in danger". Additionally, I had been talking about problems with my adrenals for years, and Dr. A never once told me that the med that he had put me on years earlier was actually worsening my adrenal function. Lovely. Also, I would expect a Psych. to know how to handle severe depression. I called once because I was so suicidal that I was scared to death. Dr. A barely responded. He had nothing to say. And even though we had just talked about things that help me get out of that "bad place", it's like he had no idea what to do, nor did he care (when suicidal, I tend to forget all of my coping mechanisms). Shouldn't Psychiatrists have ANY advice or strategies for helping someone three steps away from dying? I also do not appreciate his tendency to change subjects at inappropriate times - especially if I need help with a serious issue. I also do not like that he is perfectly comfortable getting me addicted to meds when I have a substance abuse background. (I wasn't dumb enough to follow that advice - to keep taking a med even though I specifically told him that it makes me feel "too good") I can't even believe how irresponsible he is to tell me that "he'll just monitor my [addiction]". He is also naïve with everything he hears from pharmaceutical reps. he believes everything they say. Let's think about this - if you ask people selling a drug if it is safe or not, what do you think they'll say? Plus, Dr. A is unable to answer any questions regarding the mechanism-of-action of medications, which further demolished my trust in him. And lastly, his remarks about certain body parts of mine, I found quite disgusting. PASS ON THIS ONE - especially if you're a woman.

January 9th, 2015
Excellent- the best I've seen.

September 4th, 2014
Very Helpful
Dr. Arthur worked with me on my meds until I got them right. Most importantly he helped me see the light, when I brought nothing but darkness to my sessions. I looked forward to seeing him as he kept me grounded in my crazy world. And was willing to see me twice a week or more when I really needed help.

August 23rd, 2014
Diagnosing excellent,Bedside manner the worst
Most memorable when he said "How much is two plus two" "I get to talk and you get to list" "Stop crying" I get a stomach ache every time I see him. Skills excellant. CONNDESCENDING , 0 counseling skills. Needs counseling courses to improve his bedside manner.

October 11th, 2012
awesome
Dr. Arthur is the best. Don't bother going to any other Psychiatrist - he is a normal, cool guy who is attentive, generous, validating, and comforting. There are plenty of quacks in the medical world - this is NOT one of them. If you want a genuine person to help you through life - this is the man!

April 22nd, 2012
ideas to get you started:-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

September 27th, 2011
Class Act..!!!
Dr Artur actually listens and cares about how I am doing. It has been quite refreshing to find a Dr of his caliber.