Dr. Walstir Fonseca MD Patient Reviews

3.4

October 4th, 2015
No more of this.
I have been a pt of Dr. Fonseca for a few years and, unfortunately, I am in agreement with the poor reviews here. When I first started seeing her I was quite satisfied but it hasn't been that way for a long time. I had not changed doctors hoping that the initial Dr I had met might once again show herself. After all, she was familiar with my history, my records were there, etc. . But it didn't get any better. It got worse. She became more dismissive, didn't listen, cut me off. The presence of the assistant was uncomfortable, embarrassing and even invasive. When I said something they even looked at each other like, "Can you believe this?" I finally had enough and I have not gone back.

July 16th, 2015
I've seen Dr Fonseca for a long time and at first would have rated her highly. But over the last few times I have seen her, she rushes in and out, barely listens and even cuts me off. Its discouraging. And now there is always an assistant in the room charting and writing notes. I feel like I can't have a private conversation even if she did sit down and take a minute. It seems like her verbal and nonverbal communication is more in tune with the assistant than with me. I don't like it and am considering switching.

May 7th, 2015
She has a God Complex. No compassion. Worst bedside manner EVER!!!!

December 18th, 2014
She seems quick to jump to conclusions.
Rude, dismissed my concerns. I left feeling misunderstood. I actually feel somewhat mentally traumatized from my experiences with her.

March 5th, 2012
Best doctor around
I trust dr. Fonseca completely. She is very thorough and she tells me exactly how things are. She told me that I was overweight and that this affected my liver. She gave me a diet, and she checked me every 3 months. As my weight went down, my liver improved. She was the best cheerleader I could have had. And I really liked that she graphed my liver enzymes versus my weight. Did I like hearing that I was overweight? No. Am I glad she told me, you bet ya. I will gladly wait my turn and I will gladly deal with receptionists who aren't the friendliest. But I will do anything to see this doctor!

January 23rd, 2011
Office staff is horrible
Although the doctors in this office are great, the office staff treat the patients very bad. I had to wait once 20 minutes on the phone to get an appointment and they don't even apologize for the waiting. They even hang up on you when they are too busy. Terrible staff!