Dr. Walt Sargeant MD Patient Reviews

July 8th, 2016
BEST DOCTOR IN NYC....Very compassionate and caring!!

January 20th, 2013
Unsatisfied patient
I visited Dr. Sargeant two months ago and was very disappointed with the service I received. As I walked I said good afternoon three times before I received a response. The receptionist ask for my name which I had to repeat and spell twice then she informed me that the doctor may not be able to see me because he is overbooked and has to leave to take care of some personal things. It appears that the doctor was dating dating one of his patients and his staff and they were discussing this where other patients could hear their conversation. I did not need to know this since I was in pain and needed to be attending to right away. I sat there for 30 minutes as other patients came in and met with Dr. Sargeant. After about an hour, I requested to see the doctor and was told he will see me after two patients. By this time patients came after me and left. When I finally met with the doctor he started to talk about what was happening in the news. By this time I was very upset at the unprofessional behavior in this office. Dr. Sargeant treated me do quickly I could see he was in a rush. When I went to fill my prescription the pharmacist said he prescribed medication the counter act with my other medication. If I had filled my precription anywhere else I would not have known this and may not be alive today. I would not recommend this doctor to my worse enemy.

July 18th, 2011
Lazy, uncaring, or just a schizo clinic?
After my first visit with Dr.Sargeant I was hesitant to return because he did not seem very concerned about my comfort just four days after I had been hit by a car. I have two broken bones, severe foot, knee, neck and back pain as well as terrible headaches and cannot sleep. When I told him that the Motrin I had been given upset my gastritis, made me nauseous and really wasn't helping much he gave me more and increased the dosage. I also told him that the other pain medication was not helping very much but more so than the Motrin, so he gave me the same stuff and decreased the dosage. He noticed that my sore throat was inflamed but did nothing and gave me a referral to an orthopedic doctor that doesn't accept my insurance. He didn't seem like a bad person, so I decided to give him another chance. Upon my second visit he told me that he would not give me a new prescription for pain medicine because he said that it would not be filled and that he would be flagged since he had prescribed it "as needed". So despite the instructions on the bottle saying to take one pill every six hours, which would allot me four pills a day (half of what the ER gave me), he said I was actually only allowed two pills a day and that 60 should last a month. He was full of it and the prescription would have been filled, but it sure would have been helpful had he told me this nonsensical information during my first visit! He also brought up the shooting at the pharmacy in LI. While that was extremely tragic, I have no idea what that has to do with me or my pain. Ridiculous. That's like the DMV denying someone a drivers license because somebody else ran people over or something. He said that he would prescribe nexium for my stomach as the Motrin was upsetting it, but didn't follow through.He said that he noticed that my WBC count was slightly elevated while going over my lab results, inquired about symptoms, which I had, and said that he would treat it. I told him that my throat was still sore and he said that he would look at it but never did. Before I left I asked the nurse for the prescriptions that he said he was going to give me and she gave me one (a muscle relaxer that was innefective) and when I said that he told me he was going to treat my infection she said nothing was there. After waiting another 15 minutes or so, she came back and told me that he said he was not going to treat my infection after all. I was beyond confused as he was the one who brought it up in the first place! So he left me in pain, sick and completely wasted my time and insurance. AND never bothered to make follow up appointments with me. I feel like such a dolt for giving him a second chance..As for some of the other staff the same nurse that had been such a doll during my first visit seemed like a completely different person and was not nearly as friendly, but the receptionist was never anything but lovely. I would never, obviously, recommend this doctor to anyone for any reason.

February 12th, 2010
Great Doctor
Great bed side manner, affliations to the hospital I go to. Follow up, he remembered me after not seeing me for over a year.