Dr. Walter Anderson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 18th, 2016
My opinion and experience with Anderson was very poor. He should retire as I felt he really was not interested and actually felt he had contempt for me as his patient. He seemed to light up with enthusiasm only when it was time to take the $200 plus out of my pocket to pay him. I did later find Dr Shannon Barnes helpful and only $30! She is in woodstock but will do phone sessions Save your money, getting overcharged doesn't mean you are getting better therapy.

March 16th, 2014
THE BEST !!
You will not find anyone else who understands better than Walter. He is brilliant, insightful, kind, empathic and consistent. I have PTSD due to childhood trauma. He has always managed to reel me back to a stable place when anxiety overcomes me. He is very good about returning phone calls, and emails. I have sent many friends to him for various issues. My friends say they have received more help from him in one visit than with other therapists they have been with for lengthy periods. His expertise in the medical arena combined with his cognitive therapy is beneficial. If you are scared and experiencing anxiety, he will make you feel that you are in a safe place. He is seasoned in many different areas of life's experiences. If you are reading this review, I suggest you make the appointment and see for yourself. Dr. Anderson is cares about his patients. Good luck!

April 26th, 2013
HELP IS HERE
I am experienced w/ an assortment of psychiatrists & none can compare to the quality of treatment provided by Dr Anderson. Most psychiatrists only dispense meds. Dr Anderson provides behavioral therapy while determining the best RX for your needs which may change thru time. If you need help, please be brave & place the call to Dr Anderson. Your life will definitely improve w/ his support. My appts were for son's ADHD, my husband's marital infidelity, my mother's bipolar, & my chronic depression & anxiety. I feel like a success.

October 10th, 2010
God put him exactly where he needed to be regarding his career. He is marvelous and I would recommend him to everyone!

May 3rd, 2010
Patient, experienced, and brilliant. Lucky to have found him.

January 13th, 2010
I've been a patient of Dr. Anderson for over 10 years.....
I've been a patient of Dr. Anderson for over 10 years, and I drive 2 hours to see him every time I have an appt. If you've ever bounced around looking for the right dr. you feel really cares and knows what they are doing, you'll know this drive is a small trade-off. I really feel blessed to have found him. I've seen lots of Dr.'s over the years, and only the Mayo Clinic comes close to offering the level of service he provides to each of his patients.He checks his messages twice a day, every day. If you ever need to speak with him all you have to do is call and leave a message, and I guarantee he will call you back that day. He has never "not" gotten back with me the same day. When's the last time you've even been able to speak with your Dr. without an appointment, much less him return your call that day? What really separates him from the rest is that he doesn't display the "typical arrogance" that is so rampant within the medical community today. He's just a very good guy who really cares about improving the quality of his patients lives. He has helped me improve tremendously, and for that I will always be grateful.