A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Berkowitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Walter Berkowitz is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Berkowitz
Obesity Patient Education Our obesity patient education guide explains causes, diagnosis and treatments for obseity and how to lose weight.Before Visiting Dr. Berkowitz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Berkowitz, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Holter monitoring
- Stress Testing
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Berkowitz graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Berkowitz has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- Holy Name Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Walter David Berkowitz MD is a male Internist, has 50 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Walter D. Berkowitz practice?
- Dr. Walter Berkowitz has 1 office location.
Dr. Walter Berkowitz practices Cardiovascular Disease near Fort Lee, NJ.
See Fort Lee Cardiologists.