A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Biffl:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Biffl, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Abdominal Injuries
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Brain Injuries
- Carotid Artery Injuries
- Compartment Syndromes
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Multiple Organ Failure
- Multiple Trauma
- Penetrating Wounds
- Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (Sepsis)
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Biffl graduated from George Washington University. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Biffl has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Rhode Island Hospital
- Denver Health Medical Center
- Women and Infants Hospital of RI
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Walter Lanier Biffl MD is a male Surgeon, has 20 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Walter L. Biffl practice?
- Dr. Walter Biffl has 2 office locations.
Dr. Walter Biffl practices Surgery near Rumford, RI.
Additional practice locations include: Denver, CO.
See Rumford Surgeons.