Dr. Walter Bunnell III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Walter Bunnell III?

Great doctor

Posted on October 18th, 2017

Dr Bunnell is a wonderful pediatrician who really cares about his patients. I'd hate to have to take my kids to someone else if we ever left Tallahassee. We've seen all the doctors there and they're all very good but Bunnell is the favorite. The nurses and staff are great too. We love Julie and the Sarahs and Elizabeth. My only complaint is that you have to wait weeks/months to get non-urgent appointments. If you have to cancel a well child check up expect to wait six-eight weeks for a slot.

Posted on April 11th, 2015

You can't do better than Dr Bunnell for your kids in my opinion. He's friendly, patient, listens attentively to your concerns and remembers little things about your family and what they've been going through that half my friends wouldn't remember. I have to concur with Dorothy about his staff though. Not the nurses (they're all great) but the lady at the front desk makes you feel like such a huge inconvenience if you ask the simplest question. I'm sure she rolled her eyes at me a couple of times when I asked about when to come in for their flu shots. And calling for anything other than a yearly check up involves a lot of suspicious questioning and you really have to persevere sometimes to get an appt. It's worth it to see Dr Bunnell though and to be fair I think a lot of practices are like that these days because they are so flooded with patients.

Rude staff

Posted on March 23rd, 2015

Dr. Burnell is great, its his office staff that is terrible. They are the rudest staff I have ever encountered in a pediatric office. When you call to try and get a same day appointment, the front desk person thinks she a doctor or nurse practitioner and wants to suggest you give the child an over the counter medication, which may not be appropriate at that moment. You call in and want to pick up your child's shot records and its like you have asked to borrow money, they get rude with you and before you can respond the phone is hung up.

Bad Doctor

Posted on May 8th, 2014

Dr. Bunnell misdiagnosed my son from kindergarten to third grade. My son had horrible headaches. Dr. Bunnell put him on a daily med and indicated that my son did not need an mri or cat scan. He said my son had headaches because they run in my family. I asked several times to send him to get a scan. I even suggested that maybe he needs to see an eye dr. Dr. Bunnel, again, looked in my sons eyes with a pin light and said, ''he does not have a tumor because his optic nerve is flat and does not need to see an eye dr. because he reads the letters fine at his checkups." In 2001, I ended up quitting my job to focus all my time on my son and his headaches. I took my son to the eye dr. anyway - 3 years after we first started down this journey. The eye dr. said, after he dilated my son's eyes, "his optic nerve is not flat, it is very elevated!" We went straight to have a CAT scan which indicated there was a tumor the size of a racket ball and had been growing for 3 years! After a nine hour surgery, stage 2 tumor, my son was ok -- for a while, then he developed hydrocephalus and had to have a shunt put in to drain the fluid. IF YOU LOVE YOUR CHILDREN - DO NOT TAKE THEM TO DR. BUNNELL! I should have listened to my head when we first started taking our children to him. He had no patients and got irritated very easy. He is in the wrong profession!

Patient

Posted on April 28th, 2014

Dr.Bunnell is wonderful we was my Physician over 30 years ago and now he has all four of my children and he is great

Posted on September 25th, 2013

Dr bunnell is a very nice man, sweet with my kid and gives helpful advice. I hope he never retires!

Posted on July 29th, 2011

Dr. Bunnell is an excellent doctor. He always takes the time to talk to my son at the beginning of the visit. He even did this when my son was an infant and now he is three years old. While I enjoy seeing Dr. Bunnell I do not necessarily care for his office staff and receptionists because are not very friendly. He's a great doctor, you just have to be able to ignore and get past his people at the front desk.

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing?

Posted on January 5th, 2011

Not only were we there longer than necessary, but his bedside manner is horrendous. Because this man didn't agree with something we are doing with our child, he yelled, condescended and basically inferred what horrible parents we were after proceeding to inform us that he had been a doctor longer than we had been alive. I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone.

Posted on March 10th, 2016