3.0

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Trina Marchand on Jul 14th, 2016

Dr. Carlini is a Briliant Doctor. He diagnosed me with CNSV. Without him I would be dead. He knew what no other Doctor in Grants Pass or Medford could figure out. I love Doctor Carlini. I think he has a great mind. And refuse to see any other neurologist in the valley.

by James Frommer on Apr 1st, 2015

( Introduction to Neurology) Neurology is the branch of medicine concerned with the study and treatment of disorders of the nervous system. The nervous system is a complex, sophisticated system that regulates and coordinates body activities. It has two major divisions: Central nervous system: the brain and spinal cord Peripheral nervous system: all other neural elements, such as eyes, ears, skin, and other "sensory receptors" A doctor who specializes in neurology is called a neurologist. The neurologist treats disorders that affect the brain, spinal cord, and nerves, such as: Cerebrovascular disease, such as stroke Demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis Headache disorders Infections of the brain and peripheral nervous system Movement disorders, such as Parkinson's disease Neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease) Seizure disorders, such as epilepsy Spinal cord disorders Speech and language disorders Neurologists do not perform surgery. If one of their patients requires surgery, they refer them to a neurosurgeon.) I have had many Neurologists in my life time to treat my Seizure disorder. I did not need a doctor to hold my hand and tell me how much better thing will be because unless new treatments come around we will not. Anyone who feels that Dr. Carlini is a bad Neurologist has not been to many of this type of doctor. I think this doctor is knowledgeable and would trust his opinion because it has concurred with all my other doctors. To all of you that wallow in self pity, Happiness is an inside job and sometimes what ails us can't be fixed. We only have to have someone like Dr. Carlini to make sure we are in check.

Feb 27th, 2015

I did not like this doctor at all. I only saw him once and am very glad to not have to go back. He never made any eye contact with me, only typed on his computer the entire time. He seemed very cold, and his attitude seemed very rude when he responded to my answers to his questions. I was very uncomfortable during my appointment with him. He barely spent any time with me and I did not feel like he listened to me at all. I know he's supposed to be one of the best but I would not recommend him to anyone.

idiot?? show details idiot??
Jul 14th, 2014

All i have to say is they are trying too shove pills down my throat to fix this problem when really they havent even taken the time to look at the real problem. I would not referr.

Offensive and inappropriate show details Offensive and inappropriate
Nov 6th, 2013

Refusing to make eye contact and abruptly leaving the room without explanation are the LEAST offensive actions of this ridiculous man. He insulted the diagnosis of my previous neurologist, spoke to me in a lecturing, condescending manner, ignored my questions, asked questions of me and immediately interrupted my answers. I have nothing good to say. I had two appointments with him - both were the same. There will be no third appointment. life is too short for the frustrating experience of time spent with Walter Carlini.

Aug 11th, 2013

Hi is one of the most vigilant and thorough physicians I have ever had. I have a lot because I suffered a severe brain injury. Dr. Carlini has always been with me and still is taking me through a long recovery. He has made some tremendous decisions and always explained everything carefully, and I couldn't think at all for some time. Wonderful human being, don't know where I would be now had I not been treated by him. I will always recommend him.

Research your Dr. before the visit show details Research your Dr. before the visit
Mar 18th, 2013

I did not like Walter Carlini. He was a very rude doctor, insinuating all care from previous physicians was "bogus." I moved here looking for a new Neurologist and he did not meet my needs whatsoever. Dr. Carlini did not make eye contact during appointment, he belittled me and did not answer one question I had for him. I'm still not even sure what happened in that office for them to say he "met the needs" of the patient. I absolutely would not recommend him to anyone nor would I recommend any Providence facilities to anyone. I have had nothing but problems with every facility I've gone too.

Ignorance show details Ignorance
Jun 28th, 2011

Dr. Carlini has the most inappropriate bedside manner I have experienced in a physician. Working in the medical field myself I have experienced many. The man does not make eye contact or care to listen to symptoms or medical interventions that I had tried. He lectured me and at the end of the lecture as we are walking out the door he decides to do a nuero exam due to the fact he forgot while we were in the privacy of the office. I found his egotistical attidude more ignorant. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Better Than Expected show details Better Than Expected
by RightAsRain on Jul 29th, 2009

Dr. Carlini saw me for a Spinal Tap to confirm a diagnosis of MS. He had a caring bedside manner during the procedure. When a Spinal Headache occured all phone calls to his office or pager were returned within 10 minutes. and when it was evident I had a Spinal Fluid Leak was he saw to it that I was seen by an anesthesiologist so it could be fixed. He even called me at my home on the weekend to see how I was doing.He is well respected in his field for MS research and my MS doctor at OHSU felt very comfortable having me be followed by Dr. Carlini. He was very helpful with questions and gave precise answers and if he didn't know the answer was able to tell me he didn't know. He was even ok with me asking about alternative complementary medicine regarding MS, and encouraging participation in those realms. I feel very comfortable with him as a practitioner and his thorough exam, and ongoing plan of care.