inactive

Walter W Chatham MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 25th, 2016
Knowledgable
I have mutiple problems and he did a great job looking through my mess of symptoms and running bloodwork and finding a diagnosis. He is very knowledgable.

November 5th, 2015
Top Notch Doctor
He is a great doctor and he makes you feel safe even with the diagnosis that you have been given. He tells you what you need to hear and what you need to do. He is very matter of fact which I admire in a doctor. You are not just a number!!!

March 2nd, 2015
Very poor condescending attitude!

October 16th, 2014
BEST LUPUS DOCTOR EVER!
Diagnosed with Lupus 14 years ago at the age of 19. Would'nt lie. He is the best! He is friendly, caring, prompt...gets a little angry when I miss appointments...which is good! I really try not to because I enjoy the appointment and I genuinely see he CARES and he always has a smile on his face. So grateful to have found him! Would and Have recommended him to everyone!!

July 28th, 2014
I have SLE, he treats other family members who have SLE. We all highly respect him. He listens, not many doctors truly listen. He has saved my life.

September 12th, 2013
patient
I found Dr. Chatham to be abrupt, curt and frankly very full of himself. I thought we just got off on the wrong foot and tried several more times to establish a relationship with him but, to no avail. Bye bye Dr. Chatham.....

April 11th, 2013
My team leader for sle and other connective tissue disorders
As having retired from my nursing in 2002 with the diagnosis of SLE and other connective tissue disease unspecified, I started putting together what I thought would be an aggressive MD and alot of experience to back up his knowledge. First attempt was a failure. One of the physicians called me"walking death". Second attempt MD says give me a chance to cure you. Will since there is no cure that one flopped also. Dr Chatham's name came over my mothers desk where she held a position with the state as an RN in utilization and inspection of Hospitals, Home Health, hospices, rehab and nursing homes. All I can say is after my first visit with mom in tow she stated he is the one. Any new breakthroughs he will know or would have done it his self. I've been with Dr. Chatham for about ten years, I'm monitored very closely especially my eyes and I owe my 10 yrs to him and the team he has put together to keep me healthy and enjoying life.

January 16th, 2013
Very grateful to Dr. Chatham!!!
I love Dr. Chatham. He treats me with great kindness & respect. He makes me feel like a person rather than a chart number. He listens to what you have to say with an open mind, patience, compassion & understanding. Dr. Chatham also sees & treats 3 of my family members as well. I truely believe without Dr. Chatham I would not be alive today. I am so very thankful that he is my doctor. He is truely an amazing & intelligent doctor.

November 19th, 2012
Best doctor on the planet!
Dr. Chatham is first and foremost an amazing and wonderful human being! His expertise is unmatched. He is quite possibly the best rheumatologist on the planet. How one man can have such a big brain without a huge ego is a mystery to me. Lest I not forget to mention his boundless, seemingly endless energy for all the responsibilities that he bears. An excellent diagnostician with a most compassionate nature, I find him to be extremely knowledgeable, rather humble, very honest, reliable, and is quite "tuned in" making my complicated medical issues much more manageable. He is genuinely concerned about his patients and takes a great deal of time and care to cover all details, answer all questions with patience and accuracy while putting me totally at ease gifting a sense of hope. He is willing to listen and note his patients' concerns, which is a rarity these days. I find much comfort in the knowledge that if I have a problem, a flare or other issue, I won't be passed over as he is just a phone call away and will see me, without hesitation, on an as needed basis. He's the best!

September 30th, 2012
The importance of having a trusted medical team
As being a SLE patient for almost ten years I feel I have built a professional trust in Dr. Chatham's course of tx chosen to maintain a good quality of life. I feel if there are changes in my condition which can happen often with SLE, Dr. Chatham has always been available to access and alter any medications. He exhibits a professional but concerning manner. A main part of chronic illnesses is fear of unknown and systemic degeneration. When you trust your specialist, anxiety levels limit exacerbations of a dx process. Dr. Chatham comes with years of expertise so confidence is easy to gain.

August 17th, 2012
I would not reccommend.
Dr. Chatham spent less than 10 min with my daughter. He did a very minimal exam. He had obviously not read the email from Dr. Cron at Children's(who is wonderful). It was almost as if he had the wrong patient pulled up on the computer, as he kept repeating that she was allergic to a medication that she was not allergic to. I am a Nurse Practitioner, and he did not listen to me or my daughter, or the problems she has had for the past 5 years. We would never go back or recommend Dr. Chatham.

June 27th, 2012
The best Lupus specialist in the world!
He is awesome! He has truly brought me a mighty long way. He makes me feel that I could possibly live a productive life and actually listens to my concerns and lets me be involved in my own health care!