A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Chien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Chien
COPD Patient Education Learn all about about COPD with Vitals chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Chien Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Chien, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Chien graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis.
Dr. Chien has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Oak Valley Hospital District
- St. Dominic's Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Walter W Chien MD is a male Internist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Where does Dr. Walter W. Chien practice?
- Dr. Walter Chien has 1 office location.
Dr. Walter Chien practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Modesto, CA.
See Modesto Internists and Modesto Cardiologists.