A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Chien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Chien, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Chien graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis.
Dr. Chien has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Oak Valley Hospital District
- Doctors Medical Center of Modesto
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Chien accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Walter W. Chien practice?
Dr. Walter Chien practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Modesto, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Stockton, CA and French Camp, CA.
See Modesto Internists and Modesto Cardiologists.