A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Walter Chwals is Excellent. Dr. Chwals has been reviewed by 5 patients who have provided 1 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Chwals, MD, FAAP, FACS is board certified in Pediatric Surgery.
He has special expertise in 2 Areas, including Cancer and Wounds and Injuries.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Chwals graduated from Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Chwals has 8 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospitals of Cleveland
- Southwest General Health Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Chwals accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 2 plans
- Buckeye Community Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Walter Chwals:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile