A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Chwals:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Walter Chwals is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Chwals, FAAP, FACS, MD is board certified in Pediatric Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Chwals graduated from Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Chwals has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Southwest General Health Center
- University Hospitals of Cleveland
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Chwals accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 6 plans
- Buckeye Community Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Walter J. Chwals practice?
Dr. Walter Chwals practices Pediatric Surgery near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Cleveland, OH.
See Boston Pediatric Surgeons.