Dr. Walter Dodard Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Walter Dodard?

February 24th, 2016

No! 3 years later and I still get angry!

Used a lot of scare tactics! "Baby is too big, will probably need a c-section" "baby is a week late, there's probably feces in the amniotic fluid" "we need to break your water to move things along faster" etc. I was never asked for my opinion/beliefs, and felt he just wanted baby out asap so he could move on to the next or make his tee time. He also never showed up when he said he would.

January 30th, 2016

The best ob/gyn

Dr. Dodard possesses all of the qualities that any patient looking for a great doctor would want. Dr. Dodard is honest, straight forward, caring, considerate, friendly, knowledgeable, and has an excellent bed side manner. I would never trust anyone else with my care and if you are looking for a great ob/gyn I most definitely recommend Dr. Dodard.

March 1st, 2014

I started going to this office when I was around 5 weeks pregnant. I was surprised with how fast they got me in..I saw Michelle Grinnell on my first visit and thought she was great! They did bloodwork then called me the following day to get me in for an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed no heart beat which made me a little nervous but they said it was just probably too early to tell and I could have the dates mixed up. Over four weeks later they finally had me go in for another ultrasound..I had to keep calling them to find out my results and still no heartbeat :( they had me come in that day to check my hcg levels. The nurse never really talked to me about what was going on and I guess it's partly my fault because I was so upset I couldn't get words out or I'd burst into tears. I called them the following day to get my results and they weren't what I was hoping for so they made an appt for the following day to talk with dr dodard about my options and what's going on with my body. Turns out I had what he called a missed abortion and the baby never developed past 6 weeks. He was very professional and took the time to tell me everything I wanted to know. He scheduled me a d&c for the following morning. I was extremely nervous but the staff at samaritan were absolutely wonderful. Dr. Dodard and his team took such great care of me and made a pretty tramatic experience not so bad. He talked to my husband while I was in recovery and assured him everything went well. Over all I feel like the staff could communicate a lot better but I still recommend them and I will be returning to dr dodard for my next pregnancy!

August 17th, 2013

Annoyed!

Be sure to clear you schedule if you are going here. The staff is prompt but you will be waiting for the doctor a long time. Only to be disappointed at the briefness of his visit. He's just in and out. No questions or suggestions. I understand hes running a business but the customer/ patient should be important enough to devote 2 minutes to. I will not be going back to him!

March 22nd, 2013

My daughter recently had a baby where Dr. Dodard was the on-call attending, as her physician was not available. This is my daughter's first pregnancy and delivery. Dr. Dodard was short with her. He bullied her for her unsureness and lack of knowledge of terms being presented to her. In short, I found Dr. Dodard to be arrogant and a bully. The experience of having a child should be one of joy and excitement but his lack of compassion is one of her foremost memories. Shame on him... maybe he should be in another field, because he clearly does not have the right bed side manner to attend to the uncertainties of women in labor!! On the other hand, EVERY other staff member at Samaritian Medical Center was absolutely amazing! From the nurses assigned to her 30+ hour labor down to the housekeeping staff and everyone in between! Way to go Simaritian!

August 8th, 2012

ughh

I went to see him for my cyst on my overies and all my lower pain. he refused me until i pushed and pushed for him to do something. He did surgery to see what was going on inside me, and afterwards didnt even go to the waiting room to talk to my husband about the surgery! he did nothing while he was in my stomach and i will never go back to him again!

December 1st, 2011

Just Plain Unprofessional

At first I thought just the staff was unprofessional acting and rude until I met this doctor. He could care less about manners or medical conditions. He questioned more about insurance and how he was getting paid than about the actual reason for the visit. I will never go back her or recommend this clinic/doctor to anybody!

November 6th, 2011

Very caring doctor. Though he is busy, made me feel like I had his full attention. Yet, very professional. Thanks for your service to the community, dr. Dodard

October 7th, 2011

Worst experiance ever!

I first went to Dr. Dodard my first pregnancy with my daughter i carried her to full term and delivered a healthy baby in 2008. Almost a year later I foubnd out I was pregnant again so naturally I went back to him, a few weeks after I found out I was pregnant I stated to bleed i called and the nurses said it was just spotting and not to worry... The next day I started cramping terribly and called them again and my husband spoke to them and they told him I was not thier problem and I would have to just go to the hospital it resulted in a misscarrage.. Just recently I had another pregnancy and I decided to go back to him because he was the only place i could get an appointment right away.. At 8 weeks I started spotting when i called they out me threw to the head nurse Mickey and she told me everything was going to be fine it was just spotting.. It did stop then a few weeks later came back I called again and again she told me there was no sence in coming in because it was just old blood... That same night she told me not to come in I had a misscarrage again... They do not care about thier patients health nor the chidlren inside them I will never return to this Dr again do to the staff they dont listen to people when you tell them you know somthing is wrong with your baby and apparently just dont care. Still not really sure if it was just him that didnt want to see me or if it was just the nurse not wanting to take the time to or if it was just both! His best bet would be to get rid of the nurses and get a whole new staff because I know he lost me as a patient and a few other people because of the way they treat woman out there. So if you want a Dr that will see you if somthing is wrong chose someone else so you do not have to go threw the same things I did.

January 27th, 2011

Best experience with a doctor I ever had

It is refreshing to have a doctor who cares about you as a person, and takes the time to be sure you have the best care possible. A patient advocate at the hospital. Very hands on.

September 16th, 2010

Worst experience of my life!

I started seeing Dr. Doddard when I was 18 years old. He was great. I recommended him to everyone. When I got pregnant at 26 I never thought twice. By that time his practice was growing. I would wait in the waiting room for at least an hour every appointment. He would spend less than five minutes with me. My blood pressure was out of control to the point of having me black out multiple times. When I called about it I was treated like I was annoying. He never talked to me about my BP. He went on vacation a week before my due date and never told me and when I went in for the visit I thought was with him found a different dr. They were so worried about my BP that they induced me immediately. Maybe bedrest would have saved me from an induction, but what did I know??? It was my first pregnancy...I had no idea if my son was in position and how would he know? He never once touched my stomache except to put the fetal heartbeat monitor on it for SECONDS! After my delivery I had complications and had to have the rapid response team called in...could any of this have been prevented if my BP had been watched more closely? I don't know...My sister - in-law delivered with him 6 weeks before me. She tore and had to have stitches...which he did with NO PAIN MEDS!!! He ended up stitching her incorrectly (and never checked them at her post appointment)...now she deals with complications to her pregnancies because her service has been compromised! I've never felt less cared about than I did with this man. His nurses are great, but I don't trust him with my life or that of my baby's.

August 4th, 2010

Dr. Dodard is the worst dr in the entire world. Never asked questions. Never gave me answers. Horrible, Horrible bed side manner! And dishonest. I didnt even know I was supposed to have my stomach measured through my pregnancy and he had my measurements all written down. How would you like it if in after pushing for hours, the docotr at the other end of the bed smiled and made his hand do the sign for scissors. He was awful. I beleive that my son was in the NICU because he swallowed meconium because I had way too much fluid and he never put me on bedrest! or even mentioned it. That is just my story. The only people who have anything good to say about him are those related to or who are his colleages so he goes above and beyond for them!