Dr. Walter Edwards Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Walter Edwards?

Posted on December 11th, 2013

Simply put, the best of the best. I have been a patient of Dr. Edwards since 1981, when he performed a lower lumbar fusion. I must inject that after following his recovery orders specifically, I have never had any problems what so ever. After ordering a routine test for another back problem, he discovered a cancerous growth in my lung. I have been treated for lung cancer on two occasions, and truly owe my life to Dr. Edwards and his initial discovery. I had no symptoms whatsoever, and this early detection was paramount in my battle. Dr. Edwards has also performed a double laminctomy which cured the unbearable pain I was having. This was followed by successful carpal tunnel surgery on one wrist. Again, he worked his magic. In my lifes journey, I must say I am truly blessed to have Dr. Edwards as my orthopedic specialist. Not only is he top on my list of Dr.s, but a sincere, caring human being. I thank you Dr. Edwards.

Find another doctor!

Posted on July 16th, 2013

It was very easy to get an appt with Dr. Edwards which should have been my first sign. I went to him for knee pain and foot pain. He glanced at my xrays and sent me for MRIs. I called the office 3 times to get my results and was promised that I would get a call before the weekend. No one called. I went in on Monday to get my results and the doctor handed me my report... like I knew what it meant. I was then told that my knee pain was contributing to the foot pain... it is NOT the same leg! I have ZERO faith that anyone in this office knows what they are doing.

when his surgeries don't work your automatically a drug addict....

Posted on April 27th, 2012

Dr. Walters did a lumbar laninectomy on me & when the surgery was a TOTAL FAILURE I was labelled a drug addict! I literally have not been able to sit up in almost a year now & am having a fusion at the same level of myl laminectomy, by a more qualified neuro-surgeon! The fusion should have been done the 1st surgery but my complains of REAL SEVERE PAIN WERE IGNORED & regarded as drug seeking behavior! Drugs are so not the problem, pain is!! The worst part of all of this is dr. Edwards dosen't even handle my meds! I've had the same pain management dr. for 2 years & have been a perfect pain patient! I've never had issues w/ drug testing, always use my meds the proper way and if it wasn't for my pain dr. who was absolutely appauled at Edwards "notes" I'd still be struggling to get the proper treatment!! Dr. Edwards notes about me after the surgery were truly disturbing! The appointments after surgery did NOT happen they he explained! He claims I was given a brace to wear, never happened, according to him I also receive meds from a psychiatrist, that's news to me considering I DO NOT have a psychiatrist & NEVER HAVE. He claimed to be writing me scrips for pain meds that I was using too quickly & that's just ridiculous because the only meds I took from him was the script given to me at discharge time from my surgery & he knew my script before surgery lasted a lil over the 30 day supply it was intended for because their was communication between him & my pain dr. Bottom line - Find a different doctor who takes you seriously, accurately describes in his notes what's happening & isn't going to blame his incompetence on alleged drug use with literally no validity to back it up. Dr. Edwards stole 14 months from my life I'll never get back! Remember your medical files follow you everywhere & when labelled an addict it makes it 10x harder to get treatment! DO NOT LET EDWARDS DO TO YOU WHAT HE DID TO ME

Rating Dr. Walter Edwards

Posted on January 26th, 2012

In the late 80's I was in dire need of a back operation. I was crawling on the floor to try and feed my children. I could not stand up!!! I was referred to Dr. Edwards and told he was the finest in Atlanta. Since then he has miraculously fixed my back,knee,trigger finger, and right and left hip(replacements). He has always taken great care of me in all of my arthritic problems. If I needed to rate him so others knew how great a doctor he is,he would receive the PERFECT 10 score. He has put me back together one joint at a time.

Posted on October 1st, 2011

Dr.Edwards performed a lower lumber spinal fusion on me in 1982. After 30 years this is still as good as new. Seening him at the present time about hip and knee pain. Trust me. I would never entertain for one moment being treated by any other physician. He is the BEST.

Bill Jones

Posted on December 22nd, 2010

Dr. Edwards has repaired my right shoulder, right knee, back, and scheduled for a hip replacement.I feel him and his staff are the best in the business.

Posted on August 19th, 2010

Overall, I was extremely dissapointed with Dr. Edwards. Having grown up in a family of doctors, I am well aware of the everyday stresses a doctor will go through, which usually makes me more forgiving towards them. However, Dr. Edwards gave me the impression that he really did not care how I felt or what the best method of treating me would be. All he wanted to talk about was surgery and how he is thinking about retirement. If I am going to a doctor in pain and looking for an expert opinion, I dont want to talk with him/her about retirement for the entire visit. I came out of the appointment with fifty three dollars less than I walked in with and no advice whatsoever as to how to treat my problem or what steps to take next.

Posted on October 6th, 2015