• Good
  • Bad

March 5th, 2016
And I already thought Unjustified involuntary commitment was bad enough.
Lies, procrastination, and assumpitons. If a mother told the school she had a bad child, just cause the child got into the candy once as a baby. Would the school discriminate the child? No. So dont discriminate a patient at a hospital just cause he is at the location. Maybe if you actually listened and got the facts straight there wouldn't be liability on this facility now. Family members have been harrassed, lied to, and much more. Step down from your throne. Should you contenue such archaic care, you have no humanity. You KNOW the situation, assess it.

June 23rd, 2015
Dr. Elliston is amazing, when you can get an appointment with him. The office staff is beyond rude, they act like it is an inconvenience to answer a question or to try and schedule an appointment. You can forget having a phone called returned if you leave a message and if someone does answer the phone be prepared to be put on hold.

May 6th, 2015
I've been a patient for over a year and I am very happy with them.

February 6th, 2015
Doctor ok Staff Awful
Dr. Elliston is a very nice Doctor if you ever get to see him. Most of your apt are scheduled with a NP. The front office staff is AWFUL. There is no way around it. I work for a doctor and the entire front office staff should be fired. They are rude let the phones ring are rude to people who call and have conversations with the other front office girls sitting around them while patients are checking in. This is not worth going to this doctor. There are many other doctors in Dallas. If you have private pay insurance you have the right to go to any doctor.

April 22nd, 2013
Should be censured, beware
Online reviews--read at your own peril. However, I had the misfortune of being involuntarily hospitalized under Dr. Elliston at Dallas Green Oaks when I had my first manic episode at age 29. Much went wrong. Part of what is wrong with the mental health system is anyone with a diagnosis immediately loses credibility, and in a hospital like Green Oaks there are many, many systematic issues/self-defeating policies. So re: Dr. Elliston, I'll simply say that when my family was finally able to get me released from his clutches (lol, that is how all of my friends and family felt about it) the prescription he gave me for outpatient care (administered by my family exactly as prescribed) caused me to have to be rushed to the emergency room the very next day (as directed by the Green Oaks staff when my family described what was happening to me as a result of taking his prescription; there's some fancy medical name for it but basically I was unable to control the muscles in my body, lolling around on the floor in pain). This was consistent with my experience under his “care” in the hospital. And they wonder when a patient fights forced injections—when you wake up in hospital not being able to read, would you trust your doctor? (And the system wonders when subsequently a patient is “non-compliant” with medication/distrustful of psychiatrists!) I have always been and continue to be--after an ordeal of sorting out the mess that emanated from what many other psychiatrists have since described as "unconventional" medication usage--a highly successful and well-respected professional. This doctor caused significant damage in my life and should be censured. If it were possible to give him 0 stars, I would.

January 10th, 2012
Lucky if you even get to meet Dr. Elliston
I spent almost an hour waiting, then spent nearly an hour answering questions on a form given to me by Debbie, a nurse. Dr. Elliston stepped in and introduced himself at the end of my appointment, spending less than 5 minutes with me. The diagnosis was bi-polar, which is simply incorrect. I was having serious difficulties in my life, and some days were much better than others. I just needed something for anxiety and mild depression, which I now get from my primary care doctor, and I am doing very well. Find another doctor, this place is a pill mill, and you are just a number.

November 10th, 2010
I would recommend Dr. Elliston to any patient. He is knowledgable, informed, and professional. His bedside manner, however, is his strongpoint. He is extremely relaxed, calm and compassionate. He also makes good use of humor. The downside to his practice is the sheer SIZE of the practice. There are 10-15 professionals in this practice. There is encouragement to see as many patients as possible. This equals long waiting times, and somewhat of a hurried atmosphere. Dr. Elliston's manner and expertise overcome the negatives of the practice, however.

March 6th, 2017