A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Evans:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Walter Evans is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Evans
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Evans Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Evans, MD is board certified in Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology, and Sleep Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 24 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Back Pain
- Central Sleep Apnea
- Cranial Nerve Diseases
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Disorders of Excessive Sleepiness (Hypersomnia)
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscle Weakness
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Neck Pain
- Nerve Pain (Neuralgia)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Optic Nerve inflammation (Optic Neuritis)
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Evans graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans.
Dr. Evans has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Carolinas Hospital System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Walter James Evans MD is a male Neurologist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology, Diagnostic Neuroimaging, and Sleep Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Walter J. Evans practice?
- Dr. Walter Evans has 1 office location.
Dr. Walter Evans practices Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology, Diagnostic Neuroimaging, and Sleep Medicine near Florence, SC.
See Florence Neurologists and Florence Psychiatrists.