Obstetrician & Gynecologist
8160 Walnut Hill Ln
Ste 214
Dallas, TX 75231
214-739-1300
Locations and availability (2)

|  Excellent OB/GYN  |  show details
by Allison on May 9th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Evans for about 4 years now, and he and his staff are excellent. I was very nervous about using a male OB/GYN for the first time, but I must say he has been the best I've seen in my short 30 years. He is kind, laid-back and always follows up on your concerns. He takes more time with you than any other doctor I've seen (as in, you don't talk to the nurse for the whole time, then the doc sweeps in for 5 seconds and leaves again). He actually sits with you to answer questions. He even sat with us in his office for a long time when we found out about our first miscarriage. I never felt like he was needed elsewhere. I'm pregnant again, and he has been great at alleviating my concerns - he is not an "alarmist" doctor - but he is thorough. He addresses all issues, but without creating more panic. I have no experience with delivery, but I am very hopeful that he will be supportive of my goal for natural childbirth, with no or limited drugs, and not rush to an unnecessary C-section like so many Dallas docs.

|  Most caring doctor I've ever had  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2012

I've had several doctors as we have moved with my husband's career and no doctor has called when I was pregnant to see how I was doing except Dr. Evans. He was on vacation! Everything went fine and Dr. Evans is the best and most caring doctor I've ever had.

|  Caring professional  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2012

the only doctor who ever called my wife to check up on her during her pregnancy. We really appreciated his thoroughness, compassion, dedication and patience. Healthy baby boy!!! Thanks!

|  Questionable exam  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2012

When my wife came home from her visit she told me that during her exam Dr. Evans put his finger inside her anus and said that it was part of the vaginal exam. I have consulted numerous doctors about this and they all told me that it should have never been done and that it was inappropriate. I really don't know why during a PAP he would do this, my wife feels violated and we would not recommend this Doctor because of this experience. If an anal exam is the standard protocol for a Vaginal exam please disregard this.

Doctor's Response

standard procedure of gynecologic examination from WebMD: Bimanual exam This exam is usually done as part of a pelvic exam. Your health professional will insert one or two gloved fingers of one hand into your vagina while placing the other hand on your lower abdomen. By pressing down on the abdomen and moving the fingers around inside your vagina, your health professional can locate and determine the size, shape, and consistency of the uterus and ovaries. Any unusual growths, tenderness, or pain can also be identified. Rectovaginal exam For this exam, your health professional will insert one finger into your rectum and one into your vagina. This helps your health professional evaluate your ovaries and uterus ligaments. This exam is not always done as part of a pelvic exam. Every year after age 40 for rectal cancer, every other year before 40 to help with ovarian exam and endometriosis. Depends upon patient complaints. I explain this to the patient at the time of the visit. They have the option of refusing, which I document. Walter F. Evans, II, M.D.

|  A doctor who cares!!!!!!  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2012

I've been with Dr. Evan since 1994. He has delivered both of my children and took very good care of me. I was such a high risk with both of my children, but he made me feel at ease with making sure all my concerns and questions were answered. The staff is very nice and when there has been a issue in I needed to be seen getting a appointment was never a problem. Dr. Evan always took time out his busy schedule to call me back directly whatever I have asked for a call back request instead of going through the nurse when it came to personal concerns. I trust this man with my life as well as my family. I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful doctor who cares about his patients and their family.

|  He is a wonderful doctor  |  show details
by MRA on Aug 5th, 2010

I will be a lifetime patient of Dr. Evans. He has helped me bring two healthy babies into this world and guided me through painful endometriosis and an eventual hysterectomy. He has been so patient with all of my many questions and concerns and works with me through email and telephone at all hours. Love him.

|  Caring Doctor  |  show details
by Julie B. Kinzie on Apr 14th, 2010

Dr. Evans is a very caring doctor that really looked out for me during my pregnancy. I am overweight and he did everything he could (despite my protests) to ensure that I had a healthy pregnancy, ate healthy, and prevented any kind of gestational diabetes. My baby girl was born at a healthy weight and I had a vaginal delivery without any problems. He actually stayed at the hospital well after his shift was over in order to ensure that he delivered my baby rather than the on-call physician. We will definitely be going to him again with our second pregnancy if we are lucky enough to have baby #2.

|  show details
Oct 15th, 2009

Dr. Evans is the best OBGYN, hands down. Look no further!