Dr. Walter Fierson MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

May 23rd, 2016
We have been seeing Dr. Fierson for almost 20 years. He had saved my daughters eyesight. If he retires I do not know where we will go?

March 19th, 2014
Dr Fierson treated my son's lazy eye after 2 eye doctors said it was too late. My son now sees 20/20 in both eyes!

October 25th, 2013
A positive experience
I was referred to Dr. Fierson by my daughter's pediatrician for a consultation to determine if she had Strabismus. It took about a month to schedule and confirm an appointment with Dr. Fierson, but this was expected since he is a specialist. I finally made it to my appointment today - I drove 2 hours just to see him, but it was well worth it. The lobby was already packed with patients by the time I arrived at 8:10a.m. I waited about 30 minutes to be seen and had eye drops put in (per the staff's suggestion, I had downloaded all the necessary forms to be completed to eliminate additional wait time. You can download the forms directly from the website), and another 2 hours for my daughter's eye to be fully dilated - it was a VERY LONG WAIT, however, it was a necessary process so I did not mind the wait. There are toys, books, and a television for the children, so all the kids were happy. I love Dr. Fierson's exam rooms and lobby area because it is filled with photos of possibly his family, as well as greeting cards and hand-written notes from his happy patients. Dr. Fierson was very professional with me, but yet gentle, with my 8 months old baby. He seemed to enjoy working with children, and that is what I liked most about him. I told my husband (at the time before any diagnosis) that I felt comfortable and already felt a sense of trust towards him if there would be a need for any surgeries to be performed in the near future. FORTUNATELY, my daughter was confirmed to only have Pseudostrabismus (false crossed-eye), so I was extremely relieved when I left the doctor's office. I would definitely recommend Dr. Fierson to anyone who may need to find an Ophthalmologists for their child.

September 5th, 2012
Incompetent people running the office!
Very bad accounting department. People are rude and ruthless. Always threatening customer with collection agency. It was their fault for filing with claim wrong but made it a responsibility of the customer for payment by way of collection threat. Very bad service.

June 12th, 2011
Office staffs are nice and friendly. Doctor Fierson himself is however not...no eye-contact with the parents to begin with. Showed impatient when questioned were asked (Have had a bad day?). Office rooms are equiped with toys and a movie was played while examing my kid's eyes, so that somewhat helped. I'm sure he is very knowlegeble in his career field, but come on, you're a PEDIATRIC opthamologist ! Show some interests on the kids, your PATIENTS !

February 25th, 2011
Office manager
Dr Fierson is a very professional Ophthalmologist and works great with children. Staff is children friendly. Strongly recommend Dr Fierson to anyone in need of Pediatric Ophthalmologist. NIce professional and clean office.

September 28th, 2010
The wait is minimum of 2 hrs. They overbook patients. There were at 8-10 patients scheduled at 1:30!

June 22nd, 2009
excellent doctor, who appears to understand children.

February 24th, 2017