A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Franz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Walter Franz is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Franz, MD is board certified in Family Medicine and Family Medicine - Geriatric Medicine.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Franz graduated from University of Missouri at Columbia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Franz has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
- Mayo Clinic Rochester Methodist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Franz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Dean Health Plan - 1 plan
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 1 plan
- Humana - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Walter B. Franz practice?
Dr. Walter Franz practices Family Medicine and Geriatric Medicine near Rochester, MN.
See Rochester Family Physicians.