Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
He may do more harm than good. show details He may do more harm than good.
Mar 7th, 2016

This man may potentially do more harm than good. He drops psychiatric patients for the slightest infraction or missed/late appointment with no consultation or warning. A staff person calls and says "you're terminated". He won't discuss. Dr. Griffith cannot be bothered with coming to the phone. Someone seeking psychiatric help is already fragile and an abrupt rejection, particularly for patients with suicidal thoughts, can be devastating. If he wants "perfect patients" he's in the wrong field. I had my heart set on him helping me and am right now crushed, hopeless. Living seems impossible to face. Now I feel worse than before, not only sick and hopeless, but also ashamed. And I didn't even know the "infraction" was an "infraction". Dr. Griffith also has a weight loss clinic. It appears to be his priority. Perhaps more profitable than people who are desperate for mental health. Or even life

by Carlos on Oct 12th, 2015

i have been coming here for a long time. hes a good doctor with good staff. no complaints.

Sep 14th, 2015

The best physician I have ever been to see.

worth the wait show details worth the wait
by Jack on Jun 30th, 2015

When I originally called to be a new patient, eight months ago, I was shocked that the soonest appointment available was 8 weeks away. But now that I have met with Dr. Griffith a few times, I understand why they wait was so long. This guy is the real deal. He is friendly and professional, not to mention has great appointment times that work with my work schedule. I have learned that if I need anything, I leave a message on the office machine and I will get a call back. I know I can rely on this office and I recommend it to anyone.

by Judy MacDonald on Jan 17th, 2015

I have been with him for ten years I missed two appt. and cancelled six times and he refuse to keep me as a patent . I am bi polar must have medication no notice nothing refused my calls went in and that is how I found out I was let go.

Unprofessional Office show details Unprofessional Office
Dec 17th, 2014

Rude office staff. He only does what is easy for him. I have heard about his expensive cars, kids private school, his son's ADHD meds, but he doesn't really get into me...

Consider This show details Consider This
Nov 24th, 2014

Earlier in his career, Dr. Griffith was probably a compassionate provider with a good manner. He is in decline. In a very cavalier fashion he dismisses patients for the most minor "violation". Leaving them without sufficient medications and care is possibly abandonment and can actually be actionable. Those with issues with this doctor could complain to the appropriate state agency, A good malpractice attorney can also quickly raise a doctor's consciousness and change the "attitude". One source of help may be the Bureau of Professional Regulation in Tallahassee. He has lost the care in healthcare. He is argumentative, short, harsh, impatient and can't control his emotions and at least appear professional. It is unfortunate. Medicine has changed so much in the last twenty years. There are many doctors who have lost track of the fact that a physician has very unique responsibilities that they swear they will carry out. If they can't carry out their obligations they should give up the career, because they endanger lives.

Shocked at show details Shocked at
Nov 10th, 2014

My insurance doesn't cover Dr.G. I gladly pay full office fee to continue as his patient.

Jun 10th, 2014

Bad doctor. Basically a legalized drug dealer who drops people after he gets them hooked. He needs to go.

Beware! If you need a good psychiatrist, look elsewhere show details Beware! If you need a good psychiatrist, look elsewhere
by Patient on Aug 27th, 2013

Just awful. If you want to get better, consider finding a better doctor than this man. Uncaring, no bedside manner, an office that lets all calls go to voicemail. I didn't take the time to read his reviews before going to his office. Check the internet and see what others have said.

DISMISSED show details DISMISSED
Aug 13th, 2013

I HAD VERTIGO AND WAS NOT ABLE TO GET TO MY APPOINTMENT. I CALLED AND INFORMED THE OFFICE OF MY SITUATION AND REQUESTED AN OVER THE PHONE APPOINTMENT AND WAS TOLD HE DOESN'T DO THAT. SO WHEN I CALLED TO RESCHEDULE, I WAS TOLD DR GRIFFITH NO LONGER WOULD SEE ME AND DISMISSED ME WITH ONLY 30 DAYS OF MEDS. WE ALL KNOW IT TAKES LONGER THEN THAT TO GET A NEW DOCTOR. I WAS DISMISSED WITH NO REGARDS TO MY HEALTH CARE.

Apr 18th, 2013

Terrible that a health care provider that I have been trying to get in touch with, for over a month, for my son in crisis, does not return even a phone call. Lovely message when you call but absolutely. no response. Nice way for a mental health provider to work right?

Sep 11th, 2012

This is the best psychiatrist I have ever visited, & I have seen several over a lifetime. He is caring, attentive, and knowledgable. Try him, you'll like him.

If you want to be Baker Acted, he's your man show details If you want to be Baker Acted, he's your man
Jan 4th, 2012

He is condescending during appointments. Between appointments, he compulsively walks back and forth behind the receptionists' desks with a Bluetooth in his ear. He seems very impressed with himself. If you want to be Baker Acted on the basis of hearsay on his part, he's your man. He won't even bother calling you to ask what is happening before he summons the police to come get you and handcuff you behind your back. Then there you are in the paddywagon taken to God knows where. The "doctor" certainly doesn't care. Then when you get out in three days due to lack of serious illness on your part, if you dare go back to him and somehow annoy him by asking for more appointments than he deems necessary, you are dropped. Avoid this "doctor" like the plague.

Let's be realistic show details Let's be realistic
Sep 15th, 2011

Psychiatry in the age of managed care is a difficult proposition for patient and doctor alike. Dr. Griffith is knowledgable, professional and, I think, concerned about his patients. I've been to several psychiatrists over the years for anxiety and depression and my favorite is Dr. Griffith. He has one thing none of those other doctors had: a sense of humor. He doesn't spend a lot of time with you in a typical session, but I'm not sure any doctor does anymore. I come prepared to my sessions, so I've never needed more time, but I think if I did he would find a way. Griffith isn't a talk therapist, in my experience, but who wants one of those? I don't. He does offer a variety of suggestions beyond psych meds. I think he is a good doctor in a tough field of medicine.

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
Jun 23rd, 2011

I have been to many health providers for my Dr Griffith has been the only Dr. to adress the issue properly.

Terrible doctor!! show details Terrible doctor!!
May 4th, 2010

"Doctor" Griffith hardly took the time to address any of my concerns before he ran off to see another patient. I was charged such an exorbitant amount of money to see a crock of a psychiatrist as well. Your money would be much better spent going to another provider. This one doesn't appear to know much, and I'd rather not pay for his spoiled daughter's partying at SMU. No thank you.

Jul 1st, 2009

He is wonderful, he truly cares about his patients and spends a good amount of time with the client before he makes an accurate diagnosis. He was always asking me what was new and how things were going to show he really cared.