Dr. Walter Griffith Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Saint Petersburg, FL

January 7th, 2017
Great Psychiatrist
Dr. Griffith is unusual in that he cares about people and not just about administering meds. He listens and he uses his knowledge to figure out the most effective treatment for each patient. He is a nice person, and he helped me to move from wanting to die to feeling happy and human again.

December 2nd, 2016
I have treated with several psychiatrists over the years and Dr. Griffith has been the most successful at treating my issues. He has a good bedside manner and is exceptionally well-versed regarding the latest and most-effective medications. The staff is friendly and responds to me as quickly as they are able when I call.

November 6th, 2016
Clemstor
This is the most compassionate, thoughtful and thorough physician I have seen in my 57 years. Extremely professional practice, kind and helpful staff.

October 25th, 2016
Longtime care and praise for the help!
I have been a patient of the Doctors for many years probably over 20 years. He has been the only one who has stuck with me when I moved and tried one other Doctor and hated there bedside manner. When I see Doctor Griffith he comes in and its as if I was talking to a friend who understands my problems and is willing to listen and help solve them. He is very compassionate and understanding not just into what is the right medication as the answer, he believes in trying to solve the problem as a whole with physical chores and emotional homework and sometimes when nothing else works medication is a factor that helps the entire picture. No one is going to be entirely better if they don't do some for for themselves. It's a constant work that patients that have mental disorders have to work on every day as there is no cure and without wonderful Doctors like Doctor Griffith I would never be where I am today. I wish we had 10 more Doctors like him.

October 18th, 2016
St. Petersburg resident
Dr. Griffith has been very supportive and encouraging of me throughout significant life changes (divorce and health issues). His belief that my health issues were not psychosomatic led me to finally get an accurate diagnosis and treatment for a tumor. He is open to treatment options that would benefit the patient (counselors, life/career coaches, and holistic medicine such as massage and acupuncture). Ultimately, patient care and improvement of health is always a priority.

October 13th, 2016
Grateful client
I believe he is one of the best Psychiatrist in the state of Florida. His attention and knowledge of my condition have made my life incredibly better. He continually monitors my state of mind and quality of life. His reputation in the field is outstanding. I have referred many friends to him and was in fact, referred by a friend. I am very grateful to have found him.

October 10th, 2016
Excellent
I started seeing Dr Griffin about 4 years before. Dr Griffith is personable and the staff is excellent. I will gladly refer him to anyone that needs a good psychiatrist, I have been very pleased. He cares about me, and if there is any thing I am going thru he does a thorough assessment, takes time on me, and does what is needed to keep me level and positive. He is an excellent Dr.

October 7th, 2016
Review of Dr. Griffith and his Staff
Dr. Griffith is an exceptionally caring, knowledgeable, and experienced psychiatrist. I have been seeing him for about 4 years. Dr. Griffith takes the time to listen and explains the benefits and drawbacks of various treatment regimens. I would be remiss if I also didn't state how wonderful his staff are. He would not be able to have such a smooth running practice without the very capable assistance of: Cassie #1 (Dr. G's wife); Cassie #2 (but not 2nd in any other respect); and Erin.

October 4th, 2016
Exceptional Dr, treatment and staff
I suffer from depression, bipolar disorder and anxiety. I hope seen numerous psychiatrists in St Petersburg for 30 years. Each of my previous diagnoses and treatments would be effective for a period of time and then would no longer work. I have been a patient of Dr Griffith for six years now with the greatest success. I was misdiagnosed by previous doctors. I have never had treatment from another psychiatrist who moved beyond the standard "med check" at visits, i.e. Are meds working, are you having side effects? Here is your latest prescription. See you in 1, 2 or 3 months. At every appt Dr Griffith spends time with you for updates on your situations which can contribute to your medical treatment, unheard of in my experience.

August 17th, 2016
I was referred to Dr. Griffith by my current therapist, with the caveat that "there aren't really any great psychiatrists in this area," and that, while Griffith is good in the technical aspects (trying medications, tweaking dosages), he has no "bedside manner." That was a pretty accurate assessment—he seems to see patients as problems to be solved, rather than people. During appointments, he spends long stretches of time typing on his laptop. He is cautious about dosages, preferring to find the lowest amount that works, which I appreciate. However, he tends to not mention side effects other than the most obvious and common ones; I usually have to research side effects myself. Getting in touch with his office by phone is nearly impossible. One often has to leave several voice mails and hope that someone calls back eventually. I have no faith that I could get in touch with Dr. Griffith or his office if I were to have an emergency of some kind. Also, long stretches in the waiting room before you see him are usual. Also, these one sentence, 5-star reviews seem a bit suspicious.

June 22nd, 2016
best psychiatrist in area
Dr Griffith is the best psychiatrist in the area. He actually spends time with his patients. I have been with him for over 5 years and have had no problems scheduling appointments when I'm in crisis.

June 13th, 2016
I have been seeing Dr. Griffith for a few years now and have been helped immensely. He listens to my symptoms and has managed my medications so that I am fully functioning at my work and home. I see him on my lunch hour and he may run alittle behind, but he's worth the wait.