Dr. Walter Griffith Jr Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Walter Griffith Jr?

Better Than Nothing, But Look for Better for You

Posted on August 18th, 2017

Not very good communication about medications, my diagnosis, side-effects, etc. Not open to adjusting doses when meds aren't helping symptoms.

A psychiatrist that works with you!

Posted on July 29th, 2017

Dr. Griffith works with you to find the right medications to assist you in your recovery. I have gone from being on disability to being able to work due to Dr. Griffiths close supervision of my particular challenges. He is straightforward and honest in his assessments and if you stick with it, he will find the right regiment for you.

Wouldn't Send Friends to Him

Posted on July 19th, 2017

He seemed helpful in the beginning. He didn't explain that I was bipolar and not just depressed. When I asked him he said "yes" and that was all, never did explain it, so I had to research online. As my mood went through another cycle the treatment wasn't effective any longer. Dr. Griffith wasn't willing to adjust medication dosage or type despite me sliding into very severe depression. I never missed appointments or was late. I'm the kind of person who very much wants to follow the rules. His office terminated my care via voicemail in the midst of a crisis and without any written notice, my next appointment was only 2 weeks away. I ran out of medication because Dr. Griffith only writes 30 day supplies of RX and I couldn't get in to see a new psychiatrist for a month. I know he's been helpful for other people with depression, but if you have something more complicated, maybe you should choose another psychiatrist. I've never had worse quality of care from any psychiatrist in over 30 years, never had any problems or been terminated in the past. There is an emergency number given on the voice mail after hours/weekend, but if you call it in an emergency he will angrily tell you that he can't help you and to call the office. It's very difficult to get through on the phone lines, so be sure to schedule appointment times you need to change.

Not Just a Med Check - Dr. Griffith Cares

Posted on June 21st, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Griffith's for a number of years. His staff is always helpful and kind. I have never had any issue getting an appointment, as I schedule my follow up appointment prior to leaving a current appointment. I have had work conflicts arise and Dr. Griffith and his office have worked with me to move my appointment to ensure that I was able to be seen and obtain my prescriptions. Dr. Griffith has a wonderful temperament, is easy to talk with, and creates a safe and welcoming space during my appointments. I would highly recommend choosing Dr. Griffith. I note, as with any psychiatrist, it can take a couple months to obtain an initial appointment; however, Dr. Griffith does have a cancel list and if you are willing to go on that list, you may be seen earlier. I provide this information just as a FYI, however, this is fairly common with psychiatrists and should not be a deterrent to becoming a patient of Dr. Griffith.

Posted on May 23rd, 2017

You'll need to make an appointment each visit before you leave because it's really hard to get through the phone lines and they'll call you back the next day or so. Dr Griffith was great in the beginning and it seemed like we were starting to get on the right track with medications. But when it became apparent that my symptoms were still not well controlled, he seemed to give up. I was terminated during a severe crises with no notice, just a voice message left telling me not to come to my next appointment 2 weeks way. I was a patient for over a year, always on time, never missed appointments, paid $95 for each 15 minute med-check appointment. It was devastating timing and I warn any potential clients to be very careful because he doesn't seem to do well with patients in crises. For someone already struggling with a severe crises, this type of experience was traumatic.

Great Psychiatrist

Posted on January 7th, 2017

Dr. Griffith is unusual in that he cares about people and not just about administering meds. He listens and he uses his knowledge to figure out the most effective treatment for each patient. He is a nice person, and he helped me to move from wanting to die to feeling happy and human again.

Posted on December 2nd, 2016

I have treated with several psychiatrists over the years and Dr. Griffith has been the most successful at treating my issues. He has a good bedside manner and is exceptionally well-versed regarding the latest and most-effective medications. The staff is friendly and responds to me as quickly as they are able when I call.

Clemstor

Posted on November 6th, 2016

This is the most compassionate, thoughtful and thorough physician I have seen in my 57 years. Extremely professional practice, kind and helpful staff.

Longtime care and praise for the help!

Posted on October 25th, 2016

I have been a patient of the Doctors for many years probably over 20 years. He has been the only one who has stuck with me when I moved and tried one other Doctor and hated there bedside manner. When I see Doctor Griffith he comes in and its as if I was talking to a friend who understands my problems and is willing to listen and help solve them. He is very compassionate and understanding not just into what is the right medication as the answer, he believes in trying to solve the problem as a whole with physical chores and emotional homework and sometimes when nothing else works medication is a factor that helps the entire picture. No one is going to be entirely better if they don't do some for for themselves. It's a constant work that patients that have mental disorders have to work on every day as there is no cure and without wonderful Doctors like Doctor Griffith I would never be where I am today. I wish we had 10 more Doctors like him.

St. Petersburg resident

Posted on October 18th, 2016

Dr. Griffith has been very supportive and encouraging of me throughout significant life changes (divorce and health issues). His belief that my health issues were not psychosomatic led me to finally get an accurate diagnosis and treatment for a tumor. He is open to treatment options that would benefit the patient (counselors, life/career coaches, and holistic medicine such as massage and acupuncture). Ultimately, patient care and improvement of health is always a priority.

Grateful client

Posted on October 14th, 2016

I believe he is one of the best Psychiatrist in the state of Florida. His attention and knowledge of my condition have made my life incredibly better. He continually monitors my state of mind and quality of life. His reputation in the field is outstanding. I have referred many friends to him and was in fact, referred by a friend. I am very grateful to have found him.

Excellent

Posted on October 10th, 2016

I started seeing Dr Griffin about 4 years before. Dr Griffith is personable and the staff is excellent. I will gladly refer him to anyone that needs a good psychiatrist, I have been very pleased. He cares about me, and if there is any thing I am going thru he does a thorough assessment, takes time on me, and does what is needed to keep me level and positive. He is an excellent Dr.