Dr. Walter Groff MD Patient Reviews

• Colon and Rectal Surgery Summit, NJ

October 16th, 2011
After all other doctors dismissed my problems saying I was too young to have any real problems, Dr Groff took me seriously and found the problem. Later surgery was scheduled and everything is back to normal.

June 7th, 2011
Great doctor
went to dr. groff for treatment of hemorrhoids (rubber band ligation). He was very clear and fast, good guy. I must admit that a few days after treatment I was a little more uncomfortable than I expected, but now I'm great and am grateful for his excellent treatment.

May 21st, 2011
When I went to him for a colonoscopy he told me that I could only have one every 10 yrs even though my previous one found a polup. I asked him to remove hemoroids in the colon and he replied. 'WE DON'T OPERATE ON SOMEONE YOUR AGE"AGE" (74 only see doctor once a year for my annual checkup)No medications, etc.In addition he misdiagnosed what he called a hernia and sent me to a surgeon who took one look at it and ordered a CATscan which showed a mass in the colon that had grown to Stage 4 in the weeks that it took me to get an appointment with the surgeon. He insulted my intelligence and caused me serious results for his misdiagnosie.

February 25th, 2011
Excellent!!! Top notch!!!
How can you love a doctor who specializes in butt problems, and the colonoscopies necessary to remove polyps that could turn into cancer and death? I'm surprised at these stupid computer driven opinions. I haven't yet had either, but if I have to wait a few minutes longer, or the staff is harried that day: I have the top doc who can save my life!!! Need I say more...

August 7th, 2009
I visited this doctor due to an emergency. He sent me to get some stat testing waited at the hospital for the results and the doctor never returned the nurses call. Eventually they had to tell me I was fine and I could leave because the doctor was not returning their calls. The following day I called to follow up with him, his receptionist placed me on hold for 30mins and when she returned asked for my phone number because the doctor was not in. Its obvious the office lacks professional courtesy and sympathy. For those who have been scared at some point in their lives and anxiously awaiting results my experience with this doctor will be understood.