A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Harris:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Walter Harris, Ophthalmologist & LASIK Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Harris, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Harris graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Harris has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Hahnemann University Hospital
- Frankford Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Harris accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 10 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Walter P. Harris practice?
Dr. Walter Harris practices Ophthalmology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Bala Cynwyd, PA and Narberth, PA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists.