Dr. Walter Hartel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Walter Hartel?

September 21st, 2015

My husbands eyesight was saved by Dr. Hartels diagnosis and care

June 1st, 2015

I went to see Dr. Hartel after a TBI (traumatic brain injury). He has a specialty Neuro-ophthalmology when told I suffered a TBI he asked "what is that" very concerning considering his specialty is neuro. The biggest thing though is that he said my eye sight was fine and that I had no other problems other than I was already wearing glasses before my accident. When I went to see me neurologist a few week later she did a routine eye check and saw that when I look side to side my eyes jump and twitch, not normal, and I would need therapy for this. I spent 5 hours waiting in a doctors office to be told by a specialist I was fine then a few weeks later to be told I was anything but fine. I am very dissapointed with my visit and will be finding a new ophthalmologist.

January 3rd, 2014

Technician for Dr. Hartel

I have worked for Dr. Walter Hartel for many years and would like to update this profile. He is an excellent neuro-ophthalmologist and oculoplastics ophthalmologist in Dayton, Ohio. He is not retired and and currently sees patient's in all 3 locations listed. He is not an OB/GYN. This is an error also.

January 8th, 2011

In my case both my wife and I think Dr. Hartel was excellent. His diagnosis and time spent with me was down to earth and what I thought to be exceptional.

January 26th, 2010

My experience

I was told to allow 2-3 hours for the visit. I had been there close to 4 hours when I finally met Dr. Hartell. (I have no problem with that - I was seeing others, having tests, etc.) He spent less than 5 minutes with me and was definitely not informative nor did he exhibit any kind of concern or understanding for my fears. He was curt as was his nurse. I left there upset, worried, and anxious. In my opinion, he was a terrible representative of the medical profession.

October 29th, 2009

dr. hartel is one of the most amazing doctors i have ever encounterd

May 9th, 2017