A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Hawkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Hawkins, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
Education & Awards
Dr. Hawkins graduated from Emory University , Atlanta.
Dr. Hawkins has 12 hospital affiliations:
- The Methodist Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Walter Rex Hawkins MD is a male Ophthalmologist and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Walter R. Hawkins practice?
- Dr. Walter Hawkins has 5 office locations.
Dr. Walter Hawkins practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Port Arthur, TX and Lake Jackson, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.