A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Hawkins, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 5 Areas, including Diabetic Eye Disease Diabetic Retinopathy, Glaucoma, and Retina Surgery.2 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Hawkins graduated from Emory University , Atlanta.More Education & Awards
Dr. Hawkins has 12 hospital affiliations:
- St Luke`s Episcopal Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hawkins accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 3 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 10 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Walter Hawkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Walter R. Hawkins practice?
Dr. Walter Hawkins practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Orange, TX and Huntsville, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.