A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Meyer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Walter Meyer is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Meyer
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Meyer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Meyer, MD is board certified in Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Child Behavior Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Mental Disorders
- Pregnancy Complications
- Premature Rupture Fetal Membranes
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Meyer graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Dr. Meyer has 7 hospital affiliations:
- University of Texas Medical Branch
- Shriners Hospitals for Children - Galveston Burns Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Walter J Meyer MD is a male Pediatrician, has 43 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology, Psychiatry, and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Walter J. Meyer practice?
- Dr. Walter Meyer has 1 office location.
Dr. Walter Meyer practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology, Psychiatry, and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry near Galveston, TX.
See Galveston Pediatricians, Galveston Endocrinologists, and Galveston Psychiatrists.