A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Koroshetz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Koroshetz, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Neurology, and Vascular Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Brain Disorder
- Brain Infarction
- Brain Ischemia
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Huntington Disease
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Middle Cerebral Artery Infarction
- Movement Disorders
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
Education & Awards
Dr. Koroshetz graduated from University of Chicago. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Koroshetz has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Nashoba Valley Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Koroshetz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 1 plan