Neurologists, Psychiatrist
3450 E Frank Phillips Blvd
Ste 200
Bartlesville, OK 74006
918-338-3781
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Caregiver  |  show details
by Rebecca Helt on Oct 7th, 2013

There are many good doctors but this isn't one of them. I am the caregiver for my niece who has a very rare and very serious form of Epilepsy. We came to Lajara after her pediatrician got her to seizure free after many very difficult years; when she became 18, we needed a doctor that was experienced in this type of Epilepsy, even though we do not live in Bartlesville, for two years every six months she had her checkups and there have been no problems. This summer, she had an accident on her horse and broke her neck. For six days she had to lay very still in a hospital, but after the six days, a very skilled surgeon fixed her neck and she was able to get out of bed a few hours later. She immediately fell to the floor; having a seizure. When I called Lajara's office to get help with her Epilepsy, he refused to call me back because I wasn't a doctor. His nurse was very rude and even asked me, "What do you want from us?". My husband later face to face asked him about this and he admitted that he doesn't talk to he family; he doesn't return calls unless it's a doctor.. Is he kidding? He's fired, that's what he is. I need a doctor that will help me wth my niece, not an over inflated ego.

|  show details
Jul 26th, 2013

Dr. Lajara was condescending and rude. He did not listen to my concerns. He acted like I was a waste of his time.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
by James Hayes on Jun 20th, 2013

He had a dad who had Parkinson's Disease, which makes him very empathetic to his patients. The first DBS surgery I had, he spent an hour talking with my wife while she was waiting for me to come out of surgery.

|  Ask questions of doctor/nurses, get referred  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2011

At first, the doctor was very impressive, spending much time with visits. Doctors practice was new in town and he needed patients. After practice is established in town, it was difficult to get an appointment and the caring doctor quickly became one who was "shedding" patients who asked questions as to why certain pills. If you want to do whatever the doctor tells you and never question his actions, can tolerate rude staff who don't return calls or respond to concerns, this is your doctor.

|  Don't waste your time  |  show details
by Type-1 Diabetic Epileptic with no quality of life on Jan 25th, 2011

Had to wait a month to be seen after first Grand Mal seizure. The office manager, Christy, refused to schedule for a week after the seizure and was irascible on the phone. It took calling the Gemini Administrator and asking if the appointment could be made sooner to get the office to do so. The afternoon before the appointment, we called the office to verify the time of the appointment. When we arrived, Christy informed us the doctor would not see her after all because I had called Gemini Administrator and "complained" about her. I called Gemini Administrator and were told they had passed it on to the hospital administrator for review, as they found her actions appalling.

|  Best Neuro on earth  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2010

Very nice, very understanding and extremely knowledgable!AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

|  REFUSAL TO ATTEND HIS NURSING-HOME PATIENT  |  show details
by Joan H. on Jun 15th, 2010

My Mother resides in an area nursing home. It costs her $200 for a round-trip drive to his office.He accepts her as a patient, but he refuses to attend her at her nursing home, only about 30 miles away.Who can afford a $200 round trip every couple of months?

|  knowledgeable and caring  |  show details
by MJ Hollingsworth on Mar 8th, 2009

It was a pleasure dealing with Dr. Lajara, even under stressful circumstances.