Dr. Walter Lajara-Nanson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 24th, 2016
Best Neurologist, anywhere
Dr. Lajara has been consistently kind and caring toward my daughter. He is empathic and wants to do what is best for her while taking my thoughts into consideration, since I am with her all the time. He has gently explained difficult subjects with compassion and it is obvious he really cares about my daughter.

August 21st, 2015
We have never been associated with a more altogether fantastic man/Dr.

September 14th, 2014
Dr. Lajara has been great for my wife
When my wife started having seizures after brain surgery, Dr. Lajara really came through for us. He spent many hours at her side working to get the seizures in control, stopping in all hours of day and night while she was in ICU. We ow him a lot for that. His care continued to be sensitive, caring, and compassionate until he just got so busy that he hired a PA. The PA is nice enough and knowledgeable enough and we like her. THe only problem now is that we just can't see Dr. Lajara for anything; we didn't have a choice in having our primary neurological care changed from Dr. Lajara to his PA. We like her well enough, but would rather still see the doctor. If he's so busy because he's helping those who truly require his attention rather than just want it, then they're doing it right and we'll just have to get used to the change. The office staff is very professional, compassionate, and caring. The nurses almost always call back the same day but have dropped the ball once or twice. Appointments take a long, long, time to get but if you talk to the nurse and she recognizes the urgency of your request she will fit you in. When you do get there, wait times are short; they're prompt and efficient. They never appear or treat you as though they're rushed; on the phone or at the office, they always listen.

October 7th, 2013
Caregiver
There are many good doctors but this isn't one of them. I am the caregiver for my niece who has a very rare and very serious form of Epilepsy. We came to Lajara after her pediatrician got her to seizure free after many very difficult years; when she became 18, we needed a doctor that was experienced in this type of Epilepsy, even though we do not live in Bartlesville, for two years every six months she had her checkups and there have been no problems. This summer, she had an accident on her horse and broke her neck. For six days she had to lay very still in a hospital, but after the six days, a very skilled surgeon fixed her neck and she was able to get out of bed a few hours later. She immediately fell to the floor; having a seizure. When I called Lajara's office to get help with her Epilepsy, he refused to call me back because I wasn't a doctor. His nurse was very rude and even asked me, "What do you want from us?". My husband later face to face asked him about this and he admitted that he doesn't talk to he family; he doesn't return calls unless it's a doctor.. Is he kidding? He's fired, that's what he is. I need a doctor that will help me wth my niece, not an over inflated ego.

July 26th, 2013
Dr. Lajara was condescending and rude. He did not listen to my concerns. He acted like I was a waste of his time.

June 20th, 2013
Good Doctor
He had a dad who had Parkinson's Disease, which makes him very empathetic to his patients. The first DBS surgery I had, he spent an hour talking with my wife while she was waiting for me to come out of surgery.

April 7th, 2011
Ask questions of doctor/nurses, get referred
At first, the doctor was very impressive, spending much time with visits. Doctors practice was new in town and he needed patients. After practice is established in town, it was difficult to get an appointment and the caring doctor quickly became one who was "shedding" patients who asked questions as to why certain pills. If you want to do whatever the doctor tells you and never question his actions, can tolerate rude staff who don't return calls or respond to concerns, this is your doctor.

January 25th, 2011
Don't waste your time
Had to wait a month to be seen after first Grand Mal seizure. The office manager, Christy, refused to schedule for a week after the seizure and was irascible on the phone. It took calling the Gemini Administrator and asking if the appointment could be made sooner to get the office to do so. The afternoon before the appointment, we called the office to verify the time of the appointment. When we arrived, Christy informed us the doctor would not see her after all because I had called Gemini Administrator and "complained" about her. I called Gemini Administrator and were told they had passed it on to the hospital administrator for review, as they found her actions appalling.

June 15th, 2010
Best Neuro on earth
Very nice, very understanding and extremely knowledgable!AAAAAAAAAAAAAA++++++++++++++

June 15th, 2010
REFUSAL TO ATTEND HIS NURSING-HOME PATIENT
My Mother resides in an area nursing home. It costs her $200 for a round-trip drive to his office.He accepts her as a patient, but he refuses to attend her at her nursing home, only about 30 miles away.Who can afford a $200 round trip every couple of months?

March 8th, 2009
knowledgeable and caring
It was a pleasure dealing with Dr. Lajara, even under stressful circumstances.