Surgeons
100 Navarre Pl
Ste 6600
South Bend, IN 46601
574-232-7227
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Better  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2014

Dr Langheinrich is the best at his job in South Bend. I can't imagine how many people he has to see each day and complete very complex surgeries as well. Your office visits won't last long with him, but you WILL be told the facts. As others here have said, he doesn't screw around, he tells it like it is, if you don't NEED surgery, he absolutely won't do it. He will monitor until you DO need it. I recommend him highly.

by kale westerhoff on Jan 16th, 2014

JUST WANTED TO THANK YOU AGAIN FOR WHAT YOU DID FOR ME,THE PAIN IS STILL THERE BUT NOT AS BAD AS IT WAS,ME MYSELF I THINK YOUR ONE HECK OF A DR,YOU TELL IT LIKE IT IS,REMINDS ME OF MY MOM.NO SAGUR COATING NOTHING,BUT ANYWAYS THANK YOU VERY MUCH......OYA IF U WANT A DR THAT BEATS AROUND BUSHES GO ELSE WHERE BECAUSE HE IS BLUNT.I FEEL ALOT BETTER,BECAUSE OF THE WORK HE DID ON ME....

|  patient  |  show details
by roo on Nov 6th, 2013

dr L has done 2 spinal fusions on me in the last 11 years. the truth is most of his staff and the dr himself are not real pleasant, he is short during visits and seems as though you are taking up his time. i needed a good surgeon to fix my spine and he did. i would rather have a rude dr that knows what he doing on the operating table then a nice dr with a shaky hand. he has seemed to show improvement with patients since my first meeting in 2001. in summary if i have spine or nerve issues he my dr. if you are offended easily you should find a different dr.

|  Caring, Compassionate and Considerate  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2012

Dr. Langheinrich is a caring compassionate and considerate doctor with a great bedside manner an an excellent sense of humor. He preformed a discectomy on me 6 yeares ago. The surgery was done as a last resort and only after other means of treatment were exhausted. I have nothing but respect for him as a doctor. His staff however, could use a few lessons on being courteous and caring to his patients.

|  Real Jerk!  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2012

condescending, egotistical, uncaring, judgmental, blowhard. This guy ought to work in a prison, because he couldn't care less about people!

|  Caring and communicative  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

Dr. Langheinrich is good. He seems caring and communicates well. This is very important. He is not knife happy and will take the time (I have to go back in 6 mos) to get to know you and your condition, and I will be getting an MRI with him even though he looked at all my other MRI's. So, no surgery for me right now, but he didn't just dump me and he is going to follow me and my condition. A very caring doctor. He did operate on my co-worker, and fixed her. only after doing his own MRI and assessing (or re-assessing) her situation. A very good doctor.

May 23rd, 2012

I suffered a herniated disk in an auto accident. My referring physician said this guy was "very conservative", after five YEARS in terrible pain, this guy said "I guess I've made you suffer long enough", & scheduled surgery. That was 6yrs ago & my quality of life could not be much worse. Bedridden with two rolling pins under my neck to relieve pressure. Doc L EXTREMELY RUDE & not willing to do ANYTHING to relieve pain except a handoff to someone else. Absolutely no concern for patients pain & suffering. Unless you have spinal cord involvement, stay away from this "doctor".

Sep 18th, 2011

This doctor is my angel. For years I had arthritis and thought it was fibromyalgia also. When I got to the point where I could barely walk or stand, my therapist daughter suggested him because she knew he was good and did not know of any infection problems. He was amazed to see my tests, took me on and after 8 hrs. of surgery and 6 mo. in a brace, I have my life back. He diagnosed anklyosing spondylitis. I will be on vicodin and muscle relaxants for the rest of my life but once I can get myself moving, I am able to do it all..gardening, swimming, line-dancing, etc. (with a few breaks). Not bad for a 75 yr. old!

Apr 7th, 2011

Great Dr. I would reccomend him in a minute

|  One of the best  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2010

Dr. Langheinrich was one of the most professional and caring surgeon's I've had contact with. He was my mother's surgeon and I'd trust him without a second thought.While I can see that some people would think he might be blunt and/or uncaring, the truth is that he doesn't mince words, give false hope, or candy coat things. He tells the truth whether it's hard to accept or not.

|  Mean  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2010

He is down right mean! Told me to get out and he never wanted to see me again. Told me I didn't need surgery and now i have permament nerve damage because he wouldn't do my surgery and by the time I got into see another Dr. for 2nd opinion, the damage was already done. I was told that if I had it done sooner (like when I saw Langheinrich) I would be fine today.

by TP on Jun 6th, 2010

Dr. Langheinrich is an excellent physician...he gives excellent care. And is generally concerned for you as the patient. The only problem that I have is with his receptionist, Robin or Randi, something like that, she is a real snob, and treats patients like she doesn't have the time, and like SHE is the one with no compassion....it's definately not Dr. Langheinrich.

|  caregiver?  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2008

acked like he had better things to do