Orthopaedic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  difficult surgery  |  show details
by marilyn on Oct 30th, 2014

dr. mcclelland had to remove a plate and ten screws that were put in from a previous surgery to repair a seriously damaged wrist (he did not perform that surgery)….because one of the screws severed a tendon. he braided the severed tendon from one finger to a healthy tendon next to it. the scars are barely visible and my hand and wrist are totally functional.

|  Excellence  |  show details
by troy nash on Aug 1st, 2014

DR. Mac is an excellent, professional and caring physician with a wonderful bedside manner! I would recommend him to anyone who needed ortho surgery.

|  The Best  |  show details
by Sam G on Jul 10th, 2014

Love P'tree Ortho and especially Dr. McClelland. He put me at east the first time I met him, and that never changed. Treated my pain, trusting me to know when surgery was indicated. Surgery was as easy as can be. Everyone was great as was the surgical center. I was so relaxed in could have fallen asleep before the anesthesia.

|  Remarkable Surgeon  |  show details
by Damon R. DeLapotaire on Jun 26th, 2014

Dr. McClelland and his assistant Eric made me feel as though I was the only patient on their agenda each day. From first consultation, surgery and post-surgery visits, they always went out of their way to ensure my comfort. I would recommend this staff to anyone who is in need of "best in class" orthopaedic needs.

Jun 6th, 2014

Peachtree Orthopedic Clinic is great. All are so friendly and helpful. Had surgery by Dr McClelland and very happy with results and the care i was given! Assistant Eric is great! Thanks to all of you!

|  Great Ortho!  |  show details
by Bob on May 7th, 2014

Doctor Mc Clelland accurately diagnosed the condition in my thumb and performed surgery to correct. All went as predicted and now I have full use of my favored hand. He is very professional, a good listener and answered all of my questions. I would highly reccomend him if you have issues with your hands!

|  Excellent surgeon  |  show details
by Jane M. on Feb 11th, 2014

After reading the previous reviews, I concur wholeheartedly with my fellow patients. Aside from his excellent credentials, Dr. McClelland brings a warmth and sincere caring to every patient interaction. Never one to rush to a surgical solution, he provided me with several interim options. When I did decide to have the surgery, I was absolutely delighted with the treatment I received at Piedmont's Out-Patient Surgical Center. It was obvious the staff enjoyed working with Dr. McClelland - an important consideration when electing to have surgery. Additional kudos go to his assistant, Eric. From my first visit to my last follow-up, I was treated with warmth and a sincere interest in my well-being. I have already recommended Dr. McClelland to several individuals and will readily do so again in the future.

|  Alexia hand surgery  |  show details
by Valencia Alwazzan on Feb 7th, 2014

Dr McClelland did a wonderful job with my daughter Alexia's hand. I was very very pleased with his work. Anyone ask me about an exceptional doctor they can go to for orthopaedic surgery I will gladly recommend Dr McClelland. My daughter's fingers are now straight, there is hardly any scar, she is able to bend her fingers, and make a closed fist. I am so thankful Kaiser recommended him to me. Thank you Dr McClelland for the wonderful job that you did.

|  The best!  |  show details
by S. Morgan on Jan 9th, 2014

Dr. McClelland definitely lives up to his excellent credentials. He is both professional and kind, always willing to answer questions thoroughly and patiently. He receives my highest recommendation.

by Scott Davis on Dec 1st, 2013

Dr McClelland was later referred to as the foremost authority on hand injuries by my physical therapist, he was able to diagnose my problem very accurately and was upfront with options. He felt physical therapy was the best way to go and now I'm back at work full duty better than ever. This Dr spent as much time with me as I had questions. Most visits I was in and out in less than 30 minutes and back on with my day. Thanks Dr McClelland

by Chris D on Nov 26th, 2013

Extremely professional and an awesome surgeon. Only did surgery when necessary and follow-up was great. He is all about what is best for the patient! Very knowledgable! First time my right thumb hasn't hurt in 8 years!!!

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
by Jervie on Sep 18th, 2013

I am very pleased with the services & results I've received with Dr. McClelland! I would definitely recommend his services to anyone!

|  Satisfied patient  |  show details
by Susie on Sep 17th, 2013

Dr. McClelland performed surgery on my hand several months ago. I am very pleased and satisfied with my recovery. He's very knowledgeable, trustworthy and professional. He was patient and took time to listen to my concerns and then answered the questions that I had. Yes, I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends.

|  ucl surgery of the thumb  |  show details
by paul bertagnoll on Aug 24th, 2013

I had a great experience at Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic with Dr.Walter B. McClelland.I tore my UCL ligament in my thumb in a bicycle wreck. I was told that the tear was severe.Dr.McClelland was very reassuring,that I 'd regain full use of my thumb. I always felt like I was in good hands.

|  Conservative Approach Rather than a Rush to Surgery  |  show details
by Judy Wells on Jun 26th, 2013

I went to Dr. McClelland for shoulder pain. Instead of rushing into surgery, Dr. McClelland had MRIs done of my shoulder and my neck. He sent me to physical therapy and later gave me an injection for the torn bicep tendon. . He then sent me to another doctor for my neck. A physiatrist gave me an epidural in my neck, which immediately relieved pain from my shoulder to my thumb. Within three weeks it had relieved a great deal of the other pain in my shoulder and upper arm. Dr. McClelland was conservative in his approach and for now I do not have to have shoulder surgery. I would recommend anyone to work with this doctor.

|  former patient  |  show details
by Effie m. Barkley on May 13th, 2013

I, would like to commend Dr. Walter B. McClelland Jr. M. D. at Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinc who performed surgery on my hand. On Febuary 2nd 2013 my diagnosis was an infected middle finger on my left hand Dr. McClelland looked at my hand and explained to me what he was going to do for me two surgery was performed to sum up everything Dr. McClelland had to remove my finger he did such an excelland job that no one could tell that my finger was amputated. I was so happy to see my hand and well it looked and how quickly it healed.Thank you, Dr. McClelland for a job well done.

by Bonnie Doherty on Mar 19th, 2013

Dr. McClelland was highly recommended to me by a longtime nurse at Piedmont Hospital. I found him to be very patient and caring in resolving the problem I had. He was very informative throughout my entire experience with him. He was great in giving me several options for the problem I had. I would recommend him highly.

|  Excellent Surgeon!  |  show details
by JANIS MCGUIRE on Feb 18th, 2013

Dr. Walter McClelland is highly professional and makes his patients feel that he truly cares about them, their pain, and their recovery from pain through surgery. He takes the time to explain exactly what he is attempting to do in surgery, as well as exactly what you can expect afterward. I totally felt I was in the best of care with him as my surgeon. His knowledge in his field, coupled with his effective bedside manner, made my surgical experience very calming. I highly recommend Dr. McClelland.