Dr. Walter Mcclelland Jr MD Patient Reviews

4.8

October 16th, 2016
Great Results
Dr McClelland did en endoscopic procedure on my left hand, and after surgery I had only minor discomfort, no pain meds of any kind needed. Another doctor did an "open" procedure on my right hand and it took several weeks to resolve the pain from the surgical wound. I highly recommend Dr McClelland to anyone considering carpal tunnel release surgery.

July 7th, 2016
Patient
Dr. McClellan and his entire staff are a joy to work with. I was referred to him when I encountered complications with previous surgeries that risked losing the function of my right arm. Dr. McClellan was able to correct the previous injury using a new approach which has resulted in normal, pain free, function of my arm! I am extremely grateful for his expertise and the care I received from his entire staff from the front desk, to the X-ray department and patient staff!

April 12th, 2016
Excellent Surgeon
Dr. McClelland clearly and concisely explained the results of the MRI and what would need to be done to correct the problems. I followed his directions, had the surgery did the Physical Therapy and couldn't be happier with the results. I was amazed at how little pain I had after he performed the surgery. I was expecting much worse based on a lot of hearsay. His surgical skills are fantastic.

March 17th, 2016
Dr Walter B McCelland Jr was an excellent surgery and bedside matters, before and after surgery. I would recommend high.

December 9th, 2015
Patient
Dr. McClelland performed a CMC carpometacarpal joint arthroplasty on my left thumb. Prior to the surgery the thumb joint had become disfigured and was painful due to osteoarthritis; greatly reducing my range of use. The procedure also included harvesting my flexor tendon for reconstruction. 3 months from surgery I had complete use of my hand in all of its functions and am very pleased with the level of skill and care I received. My thumb healed nicely within the anticipated recovery estimates, check-ups and therapy were efficient, and the scars are minimal.

December 8th, 2015
Disappointing experience
Although highly recommended, he failed to provide a diagnosis and discuss my hand injury in detail. He suggested "I continue doing what works best for me, icing, working hand out, etc.." No actual diagnosis was provided only treatment options; MRI or hand therapy. I was highly disappointed to have wasted my time on booking an appointment with him. I drove more than an hour to meet with him only to have five minutes of his time. Save your money! It's not worth spending your time and money on a physician who is unwilling to patiently listen and discuss your concerns. Bottom line, find another orthopedic physician.

August 24th, 2015
Dr. McClelland is a fantastic surgeon, great sense of humor, bedside manner, I am totally pleased w/ his work and professionalism, and would highly recommend him for any else needing the surgery I had ( osteo-arthritis ) in my thumb/ wrist.

July 11th, 2015
Warm and Intuitive
Dr. McClelland was very polite and compassionate. He immediately greeted my wife when he entered the room and subsequently met my acquaintance. He answered our questions diligently and properly diagnosed me. Most importantly, he made me feel assured and confident about my recovery in injury. Although I have my choosing of physical therapy locations, I will be returning to office where Dr. McClelland practices. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

July 7th, 2015
Best hand surgeon around
Dr. Walter McClelland, Jr. is a true professional. An absolute pleasure to deal with and had total trust in his experience and knowledge of his profession. Exceptional bedside manner that's rare. In fact he is the total opposite - very friendly with a caring nature. Dr. McClelland performed a fairly complex procedure on my right hand and only 12 weeks post surgery the results are astonishing. I will highly recommend this fantastic surgeon to anyone that needs any hand, shoulder or elbow care. I am an avid cyclist and he really put me on a fast road to recovery with his incredible work. Thank you Dr. McClelland for treating me. I am very happy that your great practice partner - Dr. Allen Mcdonald recommended you perform my surgery.

February 12th, 2015
GET YOUR ARTHRITIC THUMB REPAIRED WITH DR. MCCLELLAND
My experience with Dr. McClelland was excellent. He replaced (?) my thumb joint to eliminate the arthritis that was so painful. The recovery was interesting but the outcome is outstanding!!! It was a total pleasure working the the Dr. and his staff!!

January 27th, 2015
Dr. McClelland is and excellent surgeon in his I am very pleased with my surgeries I would refer him and his staff to all my friends

January 20th, 2015
I have had three hand surgeries by Dr. McClelland and he is an excellent doctor. I highly recommend him. He is extremely smart, well-trained and personable. He listens and addresses all of my questions and concerns.