A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Merriam:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Walter Merriam is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Merriam, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
Education & Awards
Dr. Merriam graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Merriam has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Community General Hospital of Greater Syracuse
- St Joseph's Hospital Health Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Merriam accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- HealthNow New York - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Evercare - 5 plans