A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Merriam:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Walter Merriam is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Merriam
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Merriam Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Merriam, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
Education & Awards
Dr. Merriam graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Merriam has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Community General Hospital of Greater Syracuse
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Walter W Merriam MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 42 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Walter W. Merriam practice?
- Dr. Walter Merriam has 2 office locations.
Dr. Walter Merriam practices Ophthalmology near Syracuse, NY.
See Syracuse Ophthalmologists.