A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Merriam:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Walter Merriam is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Merriam
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Merriam Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Merriam, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
Education & Awards
Dr. Merriam graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Merriam has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Community General Hospital of Greater Syracuse
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Walter W Merriam MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 43 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Walter W. Merriam practice?
- Dr. Walter Merriam has 1 office location.
Dr. Walter Merriam practices Ophthalmology near Syracuse, NY.
See Syracuse Ophthalmologists.