Dr. Walter Newman Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine San Jose, CA

2.0

January 30th, 2015
Very bad
Very bad doctor. Irresponsible and unprofessional.

September 12th, 2013
If you are looking for a family Doctor definitely consider going else where. He's quite the talker but overall did not receive the medical care needed for the ailments I had been suffering from for weeks, in addition I felt very uncomfortable being in the examination room alone with this doctor.

November 8th, 2010
Would not go back...
I saw one of Dr. Newmans associates. As other reviews have stated this is clearly not an office that believes in getting tests done or prescribing medication. More of a go home rest and you'll be fine. Despite having a fairly serious injury I was pretty much told I'd prob be fine and to go home...if i wasnt i should go to the ER.... huh? This is def. not the type of medicine im used to. I then called the office the next day to see if there was anything the Dr. could rx me as I was in quite a lot of pain..I was told the dr was not in and wouldnt be till the next day (they wouldnt page her to make a simple pharmacy call) and she never called me back! Oh and then there is the office... honestly it was the most disgustingly filthy dirty office i have ever seen. The carpet had not been cleaned in probably 5 or 6 years, the pillow on the table was stained with either vomit or urine and "covered" by a see through sheet but all you could see was a huge yellow stain..i literally almost got sick. It was so dirty I wouldnt even take my shoes off...there is no way I'd let anyone take my blood in that place or anything that could involve catching God knows what. I'm not someone who needs a "fancy" drs office but it should be clean and this wasnt even in the realm of clean. Clearly, I wont be back... Worst part is that I got their names as a rec. of someone who loves Dr. Newman but even with the seemingly lack of concern I wouldnt go back just based on how filthy the office and exam rooms were.

February 19th, 2010
Idiosyncratic
I like Dr Newman. I like his idiosyncratic manner and he has provided attentive, capable medical care over many years for routine management of blood pressure and cholesterol and for a moderately serious injury.I am not surprised to see polarized reviews and I recognize many of the issues raised by dissatisfied patients.For me the unusual strengths of Dr Newman's practice outweigh the surprising foibles.

March 4th, 2009
Dr. Newman is unprofessional. He twisted my words and made me out to be a liar. He threw my past health history in my face when he decided he didn't want to treat me any longer. He would constantly as me "See, aren't I a great Dr.? Aren't I good at what I do?". Uh.. no.. would be the answer to that! I would not recommend him to my worst enemy! Don't go see him.. according him, "He's got plenty of patients and won't miss one"!

January 28th, 2009
Worst Doctor Ever
He has little respect for his patients and their needs. He talks down to his patients as if they were small children. He is very unproffessional and shows lack of confidentiality in his office.