Dr. Walter Panis MD Patient Reviews

2.6

• Good
  • Bad

October 27th, 2016
He was rude to his patients at least to me. Instead of asking medical related questions to me, he asked many invasive personal questions. He talked down to me with his doctor supreme authorities. I felt worse after visiting his office.

September 9th, 2015
Was not very helpful. Doesn't listen carefully and doesn't try to consider different treatment options. His staff never picks up the phone.

April 27th, 2015
Cocky, negative, and incorrect
Awful. Wrong/incomplete diagnosis and rude. Completely misunderstood what was going on with me and put his own opinions, feelings, and personal experience in the mix, not mine. Wouldn't see the short-term aggravating factors of a longer-term condition and placed negative viewpoints on me for feeling like I needed a break. Thank goodness for second opinions and getting back, rather quickly, on a correct path.

December 16th, 2014
The Best!

January 2nd, 2014
Horrible Dr.

April 24th, 2013
Workers Comp Doctor
After meeting him for 10 minutes, he tells me I will make a complete recovery. Never sent me for a MRI for my concussion, spent more time talking to the insurance company nurse than to me. A year later, I am still in treatment. Thank god for second options... Stay away from him for your own health!

January 18th, 2013
waited 1 hr 15 mins for my appt. The parking situation was conveinent, but too expensive. Doctor spent time talking to me, but was not at all prepared for my visit. He received my medical file two weeks in advance, and did not bother to review it at all. Waste of my time. No one wants to keep repeating what is wrong. That's why he was sent my file. Anyway; asked a lot of questions. His bedside manner was questionable.

May 6th, 2012
Unsatisfied
I found Dr Panis to be the least caring and compassionate doctor that I have ever seen. I found him to be abrupt, cold and extremely disinterested in my back pain and at time felt like he was judging and mocking me as I was discussing my pain.

March 9th, 2012
Although, I did find Dr Panis to be very compassionate in my presence, I was cery surprised that he did not accurately diagnose my herniated disc--saying that it was normal toave abnormal MRIs, and my MRI said that the nerve was not being pinched. He com[assionately listened, then made me feel like it was all in my head He was even visibly annoyed with me when I told him I was going to an orthopedic surgeon. Not only was th leg pain bad, but I no longer could wiggle my toes, or move my big toe. Subsequent surgery revealed not one, but two nerves were being pinched causing major and painful episodes of sciatica. So please use caution when seeing this doctor. Yes, he appears very nice--and I am sure he believes strongly in his treatments. Please remember that bedside manner does not mean accurate diagnosis. Dont be afraid to get that second opinion. Aherniated disk is a very painful condition treated best by an orthopedic surgeon. By the way, the ortho tried all the conservaive things first--pt, epidurals, and a nerve block. Dr Panis once said "I would nwver send you for a nerve block." (it actually helped to localize the nerve roots involved, snd show that surgery would be beneficial. So, please use caution, when seeing this doctor. (his specialty is not even back problems, it is strokes)

August 12th, 2010
A very caring doctor, skilled and listens well to his patients. He is that rare doctor who is dedicated, skilled, and compassionate at the same time.

May 13th, 2016