Psychiatrists, Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist

Oak Park
6551 North Ave
Oak Park, IL 60302
708-445-0480
Locations and availability (2)

|  Dr. Pedemonte  |  show details
by Elizabeth H. on Jun 19th, 2013

Dr. Pedemonte is very insightful, great at medication monitoring and tweaking.

|  why leave  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2013

why did you leave the edker center

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2012

My father, who is Bi Polar is a patient of Dr. Pedemonte and has been for 10 years. From day one he has been very discerning knowledable about my dads condition. My dad came to see him after being in a Psych ward and on many different meds. The doctor was able to prescribe the right meds that have really helped my dad.

|  Really Good Doctor  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2011

Unlike most psychiatrists, this doctor treats you like a legitimate human being with respect. He doesn't look at down at you like you are a crazy person who is lying and truly wants to help. I'll admit, my expectations were low at first going to a community center and having so many previous bad experieces with psychiatrists thinking I am either lying or drug seeking when I was neither. But they were exceeded. Although he never treated someone with my condition before, he applied the knowledge he had in other areas to my case. I have insurance now and while the place isn't on my plan, I continue to see him because it's hard to find doctors you actually trust. He is very intelligent and knows his stuff. I would recommend this doctor to anybody.

|  This guy... avoid at all costs.  |  show details
by Nick Mitchell on Oct 3rd, 2010

Seems very unprofessional. #1, I walk into the "clinic"-type of building his practice is located in, and the first thing I notice is a black stain on my shirt. The ceiling had been leaking something. A constant drip, just in the middle of the room.He spends maybe 5-10 minutes, tops with the patient. He has an extremely heavy accent and slur, and is not very animated- to be honest, he seems like the type of Dr. who "self-medicates", if you catch my drift. He is not patient-friendly; he is not easy to get in to see, and then declines re-fills without an immediate appt which usually takes a week to get in for. How do we, his prescribers, go without our medication for a week when this joker won't see us for a week ?I had asked for a ref. to a therapist, and each appointment he would give me a "next time" thing. To the point where I searched for that piece on my own- although I had initially thought it would be nice to have a therapist and psychiatrist that worked together, it is redundant because I'm dropping this psych asap.He has a cold demeaner, and simply isn't patient-friendly. I feel as though I am speaking with a drone- not a dr, or even human being. Not recommended unless you can handle old fashioned robots diagnosing your problems.