A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Pierce:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Pierce, MBA, MD, MS is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Pierce graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia.
Dr. Pierce has 21 hospital affiliations:
- Brooklyn Hospital Center/Downtown Campus
- Good Samaritan Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Pierce accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Anthem - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Walter J. Pierce practice?
Dr. Walter Pierce practices Internal Medicine, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, and Cardiovascular Disease near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Staten Island, NY and Yonkers, NY.
See New York Internists and New York Cardiologists.