A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Wilson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Wilson, MD is board certified in Infectious Disease.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Bacterial Endocarditis
- Bacterial Infections
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Cancer (Experimental)
- Community-Acquired Infections
- Emerging Communicable Diseases
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Gram-Negative Bacterial Infections
- Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Pathologic Neovascularization
- Prosthesis-Related Infections
- Strep Infection (Streptococcal Infections)
Education & Awards
Dr. Wilson graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Wilson has 5 hospital affiliations:
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wilson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthPartners - 5 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Walter R. Wilson practice?
Dr. Walter Wilson practices Infectious Disease near Rochester, MN.
See Rochester Infectious Disease Doctors.