Dr. Walter James Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Walter James?

Posted on July 24th, 2017

Would not recommend for sleep problems.

Nice man, but in a hurry

Posted on March 9th, 2013

I saw Dr. James for a sleep problem. I was unaware there are doctors who practice sleep medicine verses doctors who practice another specialty, like pulmonary, and then do a little sleep stuff on the side. Dr. James practice pulmonary medicine, but also dabbles in sleep. He was recommended to me by an older friend of mine who has seen him for years. He was a nice physician, but I didn't feel like he listened to me. He seemed to be in a hurry to get onto his next patient, or maybe to lunch since I was there around that time. I was there to see him because I was tired during the day. He seemed to focus on the possibility of me having sleep apnea and spoke to me about snoring. I don't snore. I'm just tired during the day. I think something is wrong with my sleep and I'm not sure we were ever able to have a conversation about why I came to see him. I felt like he talked an awful lot and skipped over my questions. Again, nice enough man, but not the doctor for me.

Would not recommend for sleep medicine

Posted on February 12th, 2013

After waiting months to get in for visits, I feel that he rushes through my visit and is only interested in the data recorded on my CPAP. Little time is spent on discussing your conidtion. A computer could give me the data, I need interpretation. At my last visit, he did not have time to answer questions on my worsening symptoms and new diagnosis, gave advice on medication outside his specialty without consulting the prescribing physician, and was very discourteous to his staff in front of me. Also, forgot to give me prescription. He may be great at pulmonology, but sleeping is more than just how you breath. I was once lucky enough to see his PA and that is only time I really got answers to my questions about my conditions.

Don't go here for sleep apnea

Posted on June 28th, 2011

I went to see Dr. James for sleep apnea. A 20-minute consult was $450. He then recommended a sleep study. His office failed to inform me that the cost was $4500 - twice the national average. My test results were never given to me or explained, but a charge was filed with insurance for a visit I did not have. Without discussing treatment options with me, Dr. James signed me up for the most expensive treatment available - CPAP - a treatment which has less than a 50% success rate b/c patients cannot maintain the therapy. Just to pick up the $1500 machine (which you can buy online for 1/2 the price) they charged me $600 for my time with non-medical personel. Insurance covers all of this, but I was still on the hook for 20%.

He's the best

Posted on March 14th, 2009

Dr. James is the finest Pulmunoligist that has ever treated me. He clearly is highly skilled in his field. He is thoughtful and caring. He takes the time required to listen to my problems and answers my questions clearly. My health is so much improved since I stsrted to see him seven years ago.

Posted on November 22nd, 2017