A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Johnston:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Walter Johnston is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Johnston
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Johnston Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Johnston, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer (Breast Ductal Carcinoma)
- Breast Cancer (Lobular Carcinoma)
- Breast Cancer (Medullary Carcinoma)
- Gallbladder Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Johnston graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas.
Dr. Johnston has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Baylor Medical Center At Garland
- Lake Pointe Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Walter Stuart Johnston MD is a male Surgeon, has 19 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Walter S. Johnston practice?
- Dr. Walter Johnston has 1 office location.
Dr. Walter Johnston practices Surgery near Garland, TX.
See Garland Surgeons.