A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Stern:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Walter Stern is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Stern, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Stern graduated from University of Chicago.
Dr. Stern has 19 hospital affiliations:
- El Camino Hospital
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Walter H Stern MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Walter H. Stern practice?
- Dr. Walter Stern has 5 office locations.
Dr. Walter Stern practices Ophthalmology near San Mateo, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Mountain View, CA and San Jose, CA.
See San Mateo Ophthalmologists.