A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Stern:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Walter Stern is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Stern, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Stern graduated from University of Chicago.
Dr. Stern has 19 hospital affiliations:
- O'Connor Hospital - San Jose
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Stern accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Walter H. Stern practice?
Dr. Walter Stern practices Ophthalmology near San Mateo, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Daly City, CA and Mountain View, CA.
See San Mateo Ophthalmologists.