A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Urba:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Urba, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Biological Therapy (Immunotherapy)
- Breast Cancer
- Clinical Research
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Hairy Cell Leukemia
- Hodgkin Disease
- Immune System Disorders
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma)
- Lung Cancer
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Urba graduated from University of Miami . He has 6 awards.
Dr. Urba has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Milwaukie Hospital
- Providence Portland Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Urba accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 3 plans
- Providence Health Plan - 19 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- ODS Health Plans - 3 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Walter J. Urba practice?
Dr. Walter Urba practices Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology, Hematology, Hematology, and Radiation Oncology near Portland, OR.
Additional practice locations include: Oregon City, OR.
See Portland Internists, Portland Oncologists, Portland Hematologists, Portland Pathologists, and Portland Radiologists.