A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Walter Vanhelder:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Walter Vanhelder is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Walter Vanhelder, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Vanhelder graduated from University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine.
Dr. Vanhelder has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Banner Baywood Medical Center
- Banner Desert Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Vanhelder accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Mercy Care Plan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 5 plans
- SCAN Health Plan - 1 plan
- Cigna - 10 plans
- Humana - 19 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Phoenix Health Plan - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 6 plans