• Good
  • Bad

September 18th, 2015
Excellent doctor
While suffering for years from what I thought was "normal" depression I was prescribed an antidepressant, which led me to a suicide attempt followed by time in a psychiatric hospital. For years after this I continued to be improperly diagnosed during the 15 minute appointments I had with 6-7 different psychiatrists, and continued to be prescribed different antidepressants that led to reoccurring suicidal thoughts, severe mental deterioration and mania. Dr. Henao spent an hour with me during my first appointment, writing down every word I said, from past experiences to family history to lifestyle. She diagnosed me with bipolar II at the second hour long visit, and started me on a mood stabilizer. The medication took a few weeks to work, ~4, and during this time I called several times in a panic, fearful that I might hurt myself. She saw me immediately every time, and talked me down to an emotional level that was manageable. After the medication started to have a positive effect, she worked with me on dosages, allowing me to move up and down as I felt necessary. I've been seeing her for about 7 months, and I can honestly say she saved my life. Once my illness stabilized, she began treating other mental health issues I've been dealing with as a result of the bipolar. It feels very foreign to say that I feel "normal". But I do, when 6 months ago I was certain I never would again. Dr. Henao will listen and be straight forward with you about your options. Be honest with her, and be receptive to her treatment approach. She genuinely cares and will not just shove a script in your hand and send you on your way. Christina is the receptionist for the office, she is also amazing. She calls me back every time and gets my refills done the same day. If you are struggling with any kind of mental illness, please do not go it alone, go see her.

April 15th, 2013
dr henao ... no way no how !!
I saw dr. henao for about 6-9 months ... she put me on heavy drugs and not once did she tell me i needed blood work due to the drugs i was on ... every time i complained about something (not feeling well, still depressed, feeling very blue and wanting to self harm) her solution was to increase the doseage !! by the time i left her for a new doctor i had to be de-toxed from all of the crap she had me on ... if you want drugs - she is your go to !! otherwise ... steer clear !!

October 2nd, 2010
Incredibly Good
I worked in health care my whole life and due to a mistake where I worked I developed permanent brain damage, stroke, and depression. I was recommended to Dr. Henao by a professional colleague and I can honestly state she has turned my life around. I have learned to live with my disabilities and she is definitely my advocate. Not only is she well credentialed but when one enters her office there is a feeling of everything is going to be all right. I recommend her highly.

July 22nd, 2014