Ward E Bein MD Patient Reviews

2.0
  • 1 review

Showing 1 - 1 review

June 6th, 2011
Nancy from several years ago
I would highly recommend Dr. Bein to a friend or to anyone who needs a therapist they can confide in and trust completely. He is highly intelligent, competent, gentle, compassionate and insightful. Dr. Bein doesn't push the patient to conclusions but somehow gently and lovingly allows the patient to continue on her path with him to gain insight into herself, her childhood, parents, family, etc and to become a strong, happier person. With Dr. Bein I finally realized in my thirties, that I was letting my parents and two adult sisters take my power away from me. If my sisters disapproved of my going on a vacation with a friend, which didn't include a three day stay at my parents house ( I live across the country ) , then I would feel like a horrible daughter and sister and cancel my vacation, and go stay at my parents house for a week like I alwaysI did twice a year. I did that every year instead of taking a real vacation, and it was terrible.Finally, I felt empowered and started taking real vacations, just like my sisters did and I went to France one year, Italy the next, Mexico etc etc. I no longer sought my family's approval on my life choices nor did I really care what they thought.They hassled me for about a year, and then they started to look up to me. This was new to me, as that had never happened in my life. Dr. Bein showed me the way to become an independent, confident and happy adult free of the judgment of my family.I am forever thankful that I had the great fortune to meet Dr. Bein, and I think sometimes things happen for a reason. I needed him desperately!