Ophthalmologists
6131 Luther Ln
Ste 216
Dallas, TX 75225
214-987-2020
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore. Judy's Book.
 |  Dr. Hawk  |  show details
by Arlene Horrigan at Citysearch on Dec 11th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Hawk is informative, understanding, and the kind of doctor that you want to take care of you. He answers all questions and takes all the time that you need even if his office is full. Dr. Hawk did cataract surgery for family memberYes this is an eye doctors office and patients are given eye drops that take time to work. Some patients may see that as waiting to see the doctor time when it is time for the medications to work. We get the best care with Dr. Swanson and Dr. Hawk. Their office is friendly and quick as possible. Parking is probably the biggest issue at their office. it is a busy traffic area, we sometimes use the parking garage.

|  Not even worth a full star  |  show details
by Kmo at Citysearch on Apr 7th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Rude, Inconsiderate, and Inflexible staff.First of all you will be waiting to see the doctor for at least 30 minutes. They are never on time. No apologies, no explanation. It`s their world, we are just living in it.Secondly, a rountine eye exam takes 2 hours Are you kidding me That`s ludicrous. If things ran on time and effieciently maybe they could shave 30 minutes off that.Thirdly, the office manager is the rudest person I`ve ever talked to. When I asked to talk to Dr. Fagadau ,because I had an issue with the length of the exam, she said \"The Dr. won`t talk to you\". Excuse me!! I was told in no uncertain terms that the doctor doesn`t have time or the inclination to talk to me. So I guess being a patient doesn`t give me a right to talk to my own eye doctor. Nice. I think I`ll find someone that acutally wants my business and respects my time. To sum up - don`t waste your time or money this place.

|  Cataract removal and lensectomy  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2010

First of all, Dr. Fagadau's credentials are amazing. I had successful cataract removal and lensectomy surgery with Dr. Fagadau. My long site vision is very good. Bu I still need driving glasses to correct my astigmatism. My reading vision is good, but I would like readers. I f I had to do it all over again, I would not hesitate to use Dr. Fagadau.

|  Bad Experience  |  show details
by hfwood at Citysearch on Nov 23rd, 2010 on citysearch.com

I`ve been coming to these doctors for quite a while and did not have a complaint until now. I`m upset enough with my experience there over the past week that I`m considering changing doctors.I came in for a normal routine check up with Dr. Shaw. She informed me that I had damaged some cells on my eyes and referred me to Dr. Swanson, who agreed and suggested 4 different kinds of eye drops to do for about 5 days and wanted me to schedule a follow up appointment, which had to be during my work hours again. I also had to not wear my contacts until I came in again.I came in to my follow up appointment at 8 am this morning and was taken to a an exam room where I waited for Dr. Swanson and Dr. Shaw for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes I came out to find them and saw them both just arriving. At 820. My appointment was at 8. I was missing work. Dr. Swanson apologized and said she was running late because of physical therapy. After looking at my eyes, Dr. Swanson saw no progress- although I did the drops I spent about 20 total on that she suggested every day, every night- and prescribed me another eye drop that she said would work \"faster\"- why she didn`t put me on this eye drop from the start- I don`t know. Then I paid for this second appointment, which I saw as a waste of time.So now I`m stuck in my glasses for another ten days, have to buy more eye drops and had to schedule another exam during my working hours. Based on my next appointment, I will then decide if I should change doctors.

|  Great Eye Dr  |  show details
by DallasLala on Apr 9th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I`ve been to a lot of eye drs offices and Fagadau & Hawk is one of the best. It`s relatively easy to get an appointment though avoid school holidays when everyone tries to schedule an appt for their kid, they definitely know what they`re talking about are very current in new treatmenttechnologyliterature and actually listen to you. Other reviewers have said they`re expensive for contacts, but their prices are the same as 2 other doctors I`ve seen 1 was even a more of an "express""cheapo" type place. Besides, if you`re looking for Walmart prices....don`t shop in Highland Park! Go here for the quality of service. Steve Fitzpatrick, their contacts guy, is also great. It took forever to find the right contacts bc my eyes suck, not bc of their service and he was very patient and very helpful throughout the whole process and he presented options that none of my other doctors had.

|  New Patient - Good Service  |  show details
by PainControl on Apr 5th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I went to Dr. Hawk because my eye doctor of 20 years could solve my chalazion problem that kept me visiting every week. This is a busy office, but has a lot of patients which impressed me. They run efficiently for the most part. The licensed fitters is something new but Claire is very smart and got my prescription right the first time with monovision, something I never thought I could do. I hate having to rely on reading glasses and now I don`t - first time in years! Yeah. Dr. Hawk did eyelid surgery which went well and suggested daily wear lenses to prevent the condition from reocurring which my old doctor never even suggested. I`m impressed. Very nice staff too.

|  show details
by lmoore8888 on Jan 15th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Very high priced and you can't get your contact order until you have spent at least 400.00. Had to wait too long for visit!

|  show details
by eduwonk on Jun 17th, 2008 on citysearch.com

A basic contact lens exam is $80 and a basic eye exam is $200. Unlike many offices, costs are not scaled back if your insurance does not cover a portion of this. My appointment lasted for hours but my time with the doctor could be counted in seconds. B

|  Great LASIK experience  |  show details
by little d. at Judy`sBook on Mar 22nd, 2006 on judysbook.com

I did my LASIK procedure with Dr. Fagadau I was referred by someone who had done the procedure with him and had also researched him prior to doing his procedure. I was very happy with both the results and the level of care and service. ...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com