Warren J Kortz Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 10 reviews

January 23rd, 2014
Excellent and Thorough Care!
I cannot be more thankful or grateful for the wonderful care provided to me by Dr. Kortz. What impressed me the most was his willingness to listen to the patient (me) and the symptoms I was experiencing. This ultimately helped in *correctly* diagnosing my issue. I was also impressed with his knowledge of my case prior to officially consulting with him. This proved to me that he had taken the time to thoroughly, thoughtfully, and methodically review my "case" (prior scans, tests, labs, etc.); and, when he didn't know something, he was perfectly comfortable leaving the room, doing more research, consulting another resource---on the spot---during the consultation, which I admired. Lastly, his attention to detail was much appreciated. In fact, he caught an abnormality on an xray that had been missed twice previously by radiologists. This attention to detail, and his insistance on other professionals taking another look, resulted in having procedures/surgeries completed that resolved my medical issue. I am thankful for Dr. Kortz, his experience, his expertise, his timeliness, his surgical skills, and his willingness to listen and answer all my questions. I would highly recommend him to others, and will certainly confide in him if future medical issues arise!

January 7th, 2014
Dr. Kortz was very personable and explained the diagnosis and procedure very clearly. The procedure was performed flawlessly and in a timely manner. There were no complications and the follow-up visits werequick and informa toive. I would highly recommend Dr. Kortz and his staff.

December 3rd, 2013
Cancer Surgery
Dr. Kortz has kind and caring manner towards his patients. His explanations were thorough and he took the time to listen to my concerns and answer all my questions. He never made me feel rushed, unimportant, or incapable of understanding my situation. I highly recommend him.

September 19th, 2013
I recently had my gall bladder removed, which is usually not too complicated. My case was very complicated . I was hospitalized 4 times and had 4 procedures before the actual surgery to remove the gall bladder. Dr. Kortz was compassionate and explained each step as I make my way thru a difficult journey. I am thankful for having a doctor who listened to my concerns , and was very knowledgeable about my case.

September 10th, 2013
Surgery review.
He was very communicative, and easily understood. He answered all of my questions and addressed my concerns. While this was an emergency surgery, he corrected the problem promptly and there were no side effects. I would highly recommend Dr. Kortz.

September 4th, 2013
Extremely Sastified
Dr. Kortz went above and beyond what had to be done to get me back on track with my health, It was a very challenging surgery to repair a prior surgery from another doctor and a third was performed earlier this year by him for a non related issue. He was highly informative, caring and always available when I needed to talk both pre and post op. I have never had serious issues in the past and having him as my doctor and knowing he was going to be professional and thorough was comforting and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

May 29th, 2013
poor
Developed infection after surgery. Called his office 3 times and no return call. Found out office staff (no nurse, only someone with training similar to CNA) triaged calls so the doctor never heard about my infection. The office staff told me to come in the following day but by then, I could have developed sepsis (blood infection) since the infection was growing quickly. Had to see my PCP who called Dr. Kortz mid-surgery and got antibiotic. This is not a good situation for non-trained staff to triage urgent/emergent calls.

April 24th, 2012
Need to find a NEW SURGEON
When I went to my appointment they didn't have my MRI, told me I needed to bring it with me. I quickly ran over and picked up a copy and returned. They told me the doctor couldn't see me but would call me later that day. It has now been almost 2 weeks with me calling every 2 days without a returned phone call. Also when originally calling to set up apt, they scheduled me out over 2 weeks, then called and cancelled and rescheduled for another week out. It has now been over 50 days since I have been trying to get his service.

October 29th, 2010
Worst Surgeon in Denver
Dr. Kortz operated on me and the follow up was horrendous, I had tremendous pain and I kept calling his office for 6-8 weeks post surgery and complaining, the nurse told me to take Ibuprofen. I asked her to keep a record of all my calls and she said "she would". Well never trust this doctor or his staff! After 6 months I went back to see him and he charged me for the follow up, no concern with my care only his pocket book...I wish I would have sued this crook. I am still having pain 2 years later and all he cares about is money.There are many great doctors in Denver this is not one of them.

October 15th, 2009
Rating
Didn't listen to me so I had a sonogram in the wrong area. Then never got the results of the test until I called the office and asked for a copy.