Rheumatologists

10210 N 92nd St
Ste 104
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
480-451-3222
Locations and availability (2)

1.5

• Currently 1.7741935483871 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  very rude doctor  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2014

I have been to numerous doctors, having heart disease and RA. I have never in all my years had to deal with a doctor such as this. He was the rudest most condescending doctor I have ever encountered. He was inpatient, acted like he was totally annoyed the whole time I was there. He didn't look at me when I spoke with him and he even corrected me numerous times on my pronunciation of words. I could not wait to get out of his office and never return. He was pompous and ill-mannered and should not be dealing with the public, never mind the sickly. He should of went to school on how to be a courteous person. I was very disappointed with this doctor.

by Alex on Apr 16th, 2014

Stay away!!! Rizzo is rude, arrogant, unempathtic just like his staff!

by Dawn B. on Feb 24th, 2014

I have to completely disagree with every single one of these bad reviews. Everyone in this office is completely AMAZING! They have always given me the care I need and was always friendly and courteous while in the office. I travel over 30 miles to see this doctor and his staff, it is well worth the drive to get this kind of care. I really hope everyone that reads these reviews knows only bad things are normally said on these sites and they really need to get to know this office. I really believe everyone there would do anything for anyone. They truly have gone over and above on several visits to help me.

|  Avoid  |  show details
by Former patient on Aug 29th, 2013

Incompetent. The receptionist must be a relative. She is equally rude, uncaring, sarcastic and unhelpful

Aug 27th, 2013

Unfortunately I did not read reviews on any sites about this so called doctor prior to finally getting an appt, after his staff ran me around getting numerous probably unecessary tests even though my PC doc had already done them. From the moment he walked into the patient room he was rude, condescending, minimized my condition and amount of pain. Then dismissed me with no hope of getting any relief from my chronic pain. This imposter is NOT a doctor and should be ashamed of himself , he's doesn't care about helping people at all.

|  Omgoodness  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2013

I don't have anything nice to to say about this doctor Which is bad because I try to find one good quality about A person, but with him it just isn't happening. I feel sorry For people like him because he probably hasn't any friends And if he does have friends they probably get drunk just To deal with him. I also wonder why he's even a doctor he has A personality of a rock. I feel that he would have made a Better mortician than a rheumatologist. I would not or will recommend Him to anyone.

Jun 7th, 2013

Did not diagnose me correctly.. Rude and abrupt...He took 4 years out of my life.. I was in so much pain until I found the right rheumatologist last Oct...now methotrexate has made it possible to live again..It is so important not to give up... Keep on seeing a doctor that can help you..

|  Terrible!  |  show details
by Ellen on Feb 23rd, 2013

Doctor makes you fill out patient forms...took me one hour! He is rude, condescending, and lacking in communication. Why does he have you fill out all the forms? I'm sure he doesn't read them! Staff is also rude and disorganized. Do not waste your time!!! No wonder he is still taking patients...he can't keep any!

|  Beware  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

Beware of the most arrogant and rude Dr. I have ever met. Someway, somehow, this Dr. needs to leave this profession and find something that better suits his most unprofessional conduct, not sure where but definitely not as a Dr. I wonder if he ever checks what patients say about him?

|  Worst bedside manner ever!  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

If you are looking for a doctor who throws a ton of medical terms your way without simplifying the information, has terrible bedside manner and makes you feel worse than you did prior to coming to his office then this is the place for you. I have never felt so unwelcome in a doctors office in my life and will not return or recommend this . From the time I walked in to the office until the time I left there was a cold and unwelcomed feeling. When I finally saw the doctor, he made a lot of assumptions without asking deeper questions or actively listening to the symptoms to gain a clear understanding. When I explained all of the symptoms I was having his responses were rude and inconsiderate. This was my first time visiting a specialist like this and wasnt sure what he wanted to know so I explained the symptoms I was having that I thought may relate to whatever is attacking my body. I was looking to this doctor for guidance and support but instead I was made to feel like a fool for not having all of my medical records from the last two years sent to him prior to my visit. This seems like an important piece of information that his staff should have asked for when making the appointment. I left the office feeling worse about myself, foolish for coming in, still in pain, and without answers.

May 14th, 2012

Sarcastic and arrogant.

|  Most Arrogant Doctor I Have Ever Met!  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

Hated him and his rude staff!!!!!

Apr 11th, 2012

Excellent Physician

|  beyond arrogant, hateful, rude - terrible staff!!!  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

Staff - don't follow up, fail to return calls, don't give test results, get huffy if you ask for a copy of a test, won't respond to pharmacies for refills after repeated calls, and generally treat you like you are a huge thorn in their side. And one says "have a blessed day" in a fake "overly chipper" sarcastic voice after screwing you over... which lets you know they know EXACTLY what they are doing and don't care one bit. They are mean, sullen, and incompetent. The stress & hostility in the office is palpable. The staff hates each other that is clear. The staff also hates the doctor and he returns the favor. But most of all, they all hate the patients!Doctor - The most arrogant man I have ever met. Dismissive, rude, mean, narcissistic, non-communicative and hostile. He will not answer a straight question if he doesn't want to. I'm not kidding...he will just be silent and state at you. Why he chose this profession is a mystery to me. RUN AWAY!!!

|  Beyond Rude and Arrogant  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2012

This Dr. would not even treat my condition because, right now, there isn't a cure. He sent me out of his office in tears. He was so rude and arrogant, I couldn't believe it. DON'T waste your time with this guy who calls himself a Dr!

|  Difficult at best  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

Dr's bedside manner is blunt, uncaring, sarcastic. He works the staff hard, as they are disorganized, can't find paperwork, fax incorrect paperwork. They blame you for the problems. The staff takes on the Dr's negativity, treat patients like they are at fault. Not sure if the treatments are good, seems to be more about the money they can make. I always 'feel bad' when having to deal w/them. One great person there is Suzie, the research asst. She's the best, the rest of 'em are awful.

Jan 15th, 2012

My mother was in extreme pain due to her rheumoid arthritis and went to numerous doctors before she finally found Dr. Rizzo. He immediately did a thorough examination and prescribed the right medicine that got her where she was no longer experiencing the sharp pains any longer. Thank God for Dr. Rizzo and his caring staff. My mom, who was overweight the last twenty years of her life, even started to lose weight as Dr. Rizzo suggested. She wouldn't do it when the other doctors recommend she shed pounds to get the weight off her knee joints. But, she respected Dr. Rizzo and wanted no show him she valued his opinion......and for a 87 year old woman who couldn't exercise to drop pounds, that's something!!

|  Horrible First Impression!!! Staff was extremely rude!!  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2011

I waited over a month to see Dr. Rizzo. They are in a building that has medical offices all over and I was lost trying to find their office. My husband and I walked around for over ten minutes looking for the office. They are almost impossible to get on the phone, when I finally did reach Liza to find out where to go she was extremely rude and really didn't offer much help.When I walked into the office to check in, she scolded me as if I was a kid in school. Very unprofessional. She told me "well I might have to reschedule you". I asked her several times if she needed to reschedule me and could not get a straight answer. She just kept gathering all my info. The icing on the case is when another patient came in AFTER me and said "Im here for my 4:15". Liza, then told me that they couldn't see me because they we're taking the patient who showed up for her 4:15 two hours early!! I was stunned, after waiting a month to be seen, getting lost walking around, only ten minutes late and then being told to go home so they could take in a patient who didn't have an appointment for another couple hours! Dr. Rizzo...not sure if you care but maybe you might want to take a closer look into how your staff treats your patients.

|  Terrible Doctor- Good Staff  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

I accompanied my daughter to her appointment as she has been suffering for many years with symptoms that we have come to suspect autoimmune issues. Dr. Rizzo did not care about her frustration in the test results and took the reaction as a direct affront to his status. He is arrogant and egotistical. His last words to me was that as my daughter worked in the health field, she should know better than back talk the doctor. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone that is seeking healing care and understanding. The visit with this Dr. caused more harm than good.

|  fair up  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2010

I agree with all of the negative comments listed below for Rizzo & his practice. I had gone there recently for over 4 months & was finally diagnosed with a medical condition which should had been diagnosed after 1 month. They had me running all over town for all kind of tests & other specialists. I tried to trust them. They had me an emotional wreck most of the time when I left their office & even thought I had cancer after one of my visits. They said just take your zanex when I would get upset. I only saw the nurse which now I see as unusual. They did not know how to talk in patient terms to you regarding any of the lab tests or results. They wasted a lot of my time, money & insurance in this economy. When I was finally diagnosed I wanted to see him personally. When I did, he was uninterested with me & did not really want to discuss my medical condition much further. I could had been out of his office in 2 minutes if it was not for me asking him questions & wanting to discuss it in more detail. He was irritated. Unless I ever asked, they would never give me my past test results on their own. He told me that I could see any other specialist type instead of them & they could treat me also. I did the research on this & it is not true. They gave me lots of prednisone after a month being there & it does help my symptoms the majority of the time but not without me being wired up at the beginning. They told me just to take it & all would be OK. I do have flare ups though. I asked them if I had a reactions to it on the weekend & he said it can wait till Monday to call us. I did have reactions & had to deal with it myself. This is not a treatment plan for me. They also never even gave me a decent tapering schedule to get off of the prednisone with proper monitoring so I have a concern being on it long term now. I will not call this office for their help. This whole office needs to get professional help themselves & attend a class on bed side manners. I am going to see another Rheumatologist but have had to wait 3 months. This should be a positive point because I could get into the Rizzo clinic very quickly; now I know why. I am very glad I took my own medical notes throughout these past few months & got copies of all my test results from them & the other specialists that they had me go to. A couple of specialists that they had me see said I was wasting my time seeing them because my health problem had nothing to do with their practice. The nurse seemed surprised to hear that. Rizzo's office never even gave any copies to my primary care physician as I had asked them to & only 1 office note. And again I had been there many times. Do not be afraid to switch doctors. I know it is a hassle but should be worth it in the end.

|  Let me save you some time  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2010

Dr Rizzo is a very arrogant man and if you aren't a perfect person, he actually will show discust in being in the same room with you. Will actually not renew your prescriptions, withholding critical meds forever if you don't get in to see him, even if nothing has changed. Staff cannot even take a blood pressure correctly. Blood tests results have been sent to his office and weeks have gone by before anyone has called you with results. I've made appointments upon his request, making arrangements to take off work and then get a call their office is going to be closed.I can recite the whole conversation that Dr Rizzo will have with me, so he can have the same conversation on the phone. Another mistake was made on other tests. It had been 4 weeks since I had my weekly Enbrel injection, however he has refused to okay another prescription. I have interviewed 4 other RA specialist and they would not withhold crucial meds over an office visit, but would hold stern in getting in as soon as possible. Needless to say, I have asked my medical records be transferred to a new Dr. that has received higher ratings. It will be interesting to see how the next one preforms.

|  Uncaring Physcian  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2010

I found this Dr. to be rude, arrogant and condescending. Has absolutely nobedside manner. I would never recommendhim to anyone.His staff was very nice, he needs to takesome lessons from them.

by Mrs. H on Aug 22nd, 2010

I've seen many specialists over the past few years. Dr. Rizzo had the absolute worst bedside manner, to the point of rudeness. He was not at all helpful and treated me as though I didn't matter at all. I will not return to his office. I will find a rheumatologist who will treat me with dignity.

|  Rudest Dr ever!  |  show details
by nothappy on Jul 3rd, 2010

By far the worst bedside manner, extremely arrogant. Treats you as if he has somewhere he would much rather be - like standing on a pedestal he made for himself

Jun 23rd, 2010

He is so rude and full of himself, do not go to him.I was just a number to him. he made me wait 30 min. when I was the only one there. RUDE!

by Bonnie Oviatt on Sep 27th, 2009

There are all kinds of Dr's in this life ...none of which we like to gosee.....But when it comes to Dr Rizzo, not only has he helped me but l really think my whole life is better with him as my Dr. I am short and fat and old. l have been his patient for over 2 years now and l can honestly say that the quality of my life is a lot better. Yes, l am still old and he has not made me any taller but l do stand a lot straighter. l have lost a lot of weight but most of all l no longer fear my Arthritis because he is helping me.The key to working with him for me was to listen to what he said, then go home and do it and it has really worked. The problem with us is we think Drs can do it all for us and l have learned that Drs can give you medicine and tell you what will help but lf we dont go home and do what they say you never really get any better. As of today not only have l lost weight(a lot), but l also walk on my treadmill for 40 minutes a day at 5% incline and 3.0 speed and l am doing great. Thank you Dr.Rizzo for everything.

|  Stay away from this doctor!  |  show details
by lilac on Aug 26th, 2009

I had a very bad experience with this doctor and would NOT recommend him to anyone. The paperwork is excessive and he even makes you sign that you will not write about him on-line! He obviously is on the defensive because he has other patients who had bad experiences like I had. He does not like you to ask questions and he puts all of the responibility on the patient. If you are old and happen to forget to renew your prescription during your office visit - forget it, they will not help you. They treated me terribly and I will never forget how upset they made me. The office manager was terrible. I never went back after the first visit. If you believe that patients deserve to be treated with respect, don't go to this doctor!

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Dave on Jul 10th, 2008

I was in severe pain when I had my first appointment with Dr Rizzo. He diagnosed me immediately and has continued to treat me using the best medications available--treating me as a whole person, not just my ailment. He is considerate, thougtful and very thorough. I enjoy talking with him and appreciate all he has done for me. I would recommend him to anyone.