Dr. Warren Rizzo MD Patient Reviews

• 43 reviews

August 16th, 2016
Excellent knowledgeable doctor!

August 10th, 2016
out of meds but won't go back
I was a pt of Dr. Rizzo's for a cpl of yrs. I had a severe flare up and was unable to work. He refused to fill out paperwork for workmans comp through my job. told me I was able to work an hr a day if needed. Be nice if we could live on an hrs pay a day!!! I haven't been back since and no follow-up to see if I'm alive.

July 22nd, 2016
Rude and condesending!
Dr. Rizzo is the rudest doctor I have ever dealt with. He is condescending and talks down to you. He does not listen and is cuts you off when you are trying to describe what is going on. He is stuck up and I think his staff is afraid of him. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR - READ ALL OTHER REVIEWS! He is the worst!!

May 23rd, 2016
Complete jerk. Rude to his patients. Pretty ballsy for a guy who couldn't even get into an American medical school. If you think I'm kidding just read the new patient paperwork on his website. The combative tone evidenced in the paperwork is nothing compared to Dr. Rizzo in person. Drive to L.A. or San Diego if you have to for a good rheumatologist. Avoid this nasty doctor. You've been warned.

May 10th, 2016
Did his job!
Yes! There is plenty of paper work to fill out because of Insurance demands, no matter what doctors office you make an appointment with. Dr. Rizzo is a man of few words but as far as I'm concerned, he led me in the right direction and I'll be seeing him again at my next appointment. Good man, Good doctor,

March 13th, 2016
What a Jerk
Made an appointment to have my crooked fingers, hand/finger nodules, neck pain, spinal arthritis, osteoporosis, etc evaluated. Before I saw him my endocrinologist performed a bone density exam and discussed treatment. I didn't cancel my appointment with Rizzo because I have plenty of other joint issues needing attention. So I filled out about an hours worth of paper work and waited a long time for him to come into the exam room. He entered with a chip on his shoulders and starting questioning my osteoporosis status despite my filling out that I had bone density scan done already. He looks up and says he won't waste either of our time because there's nothing for him to do for me since I went somewhere else for osteoporosis. I asked "what about my fingers, my neck, etc? He just shook his head. I asked again " Are you saying there is nothing that can be done for these problems" as I waved my affected hands in front of him. He said "No. I'm just not going to. I got a referral from your doctor for osteoporosis only". I said "That's a lie. I made the call and osteoporosis was just one of several issues". He said "Well, I decided I was only going to treat the osteoporosis" gathered the records and walked out. As he walked out I told him I was turning him in and that he is a freakin' waste of time. He better not charge for this because he did not perform all required elements of a new patient visit. I had to go home and pop extra prednisone to deal with the stress of his visit and it really didn't help (adrenal insufficiency). It took about 24 hours to recover. You can't make this stuff up. Unbelievable! It makes me wonder why I filled out volumes of forms if all he wanted to see me for was osteoporosis. He does some kind of research. Is he using us for data, a phony new patient visit, then kicking us to the curb?

February 19th, 2016
A good place when the diagnosis is difficult
Dr. Warren's Office and staff are thorough, courteous, kind. They are care, answer all questions, get back to me and are in general all one could ask for.

February 12th, 2016
I was amazed
I went in to see him probably 7-8 years ago. Pain mgt dr wanted me to see him to find out if my arthritis had progressed. He came into the exam room (late) skimmed over my paperwork, didn't even look at me, or my hands, and told me that I didn't have arthritis. DIDN'T GLANCE AT MY HANDS! I paid the specialists copay for that.. Then the lady at the desk was less than unpleasant... I'm looking for a rheumatologist again, because I WAS diagnosed with having osteoarthritis, and now we need to rule out RA. I will never forget that office visit, nor will I EVER go back to see him again..

January 16th, 2016
He is definitely booked in advance. I had a major pain attack, I called his office at 4:00 PM. I had an MRI and an appt. for 8:00 AM the next morning. The diagnosis was made and treated. He does have a very dry sense of humor. I have been a patient of his for several years. His staff has always been professional and friendly with me, I actually found an appt. card from his office the other day with a smiley face on it. I had a referral from my primary care doctor to see him. I think everyone should research a doctor's background and make their own decisions.

January 6th, 2016
Professional
After reading reviews, I was reluctant to follow up on my referral to Dr. Rizzo, however, my physician recommended him for his expertise, not his bedside manner. If you're expecting to be coddled or to have a long casual visit, this physician may not be for you. However, if you want professional, accurate, appropriate treatment for your condition, Dr. rizzo provides just that.

December 1st, 2015
office staff are lazy, rude, and incompetent.

November 10th, 2015
He had the worst bedside manner and continued to talk badly of me while the door was open to other staff.