Dr. Warren Scott Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Warren Scott?

6 Ratings with 1 Comment

April 16th, 2015

Unhappy patient

My very first visit - a very comprehensive visit, Dr. Scott would ask me questions, then cut me off before I was through answering. He never maintained eye contact, but stared at the top of his desk during most of the visit. I was having a difficult time understanding what he was saying to me. If he would have at least turned his face so that he was speaking toward me, rather than the top of his desk, it wouldn't have been such a problem. I have had a problem with insomnia that I've battled for approximately 14 years that is apparently anxiety related. During the past few years, this has worsened due to many major life changes/stressors. Dr. Scott refuses to treat my insomnia, which is affecting my health and quality of life, as well as my psychological issues. I have been treated by other psychiatrists and a PCP that prescribed Ambien and I have never had an issue with it. I was told by his nurse-practitioner that, when he does prescribe Ambien, women get 5 mg and men get 10 mg. This makes no sense. Drugs are prescribed by patient sensitivity and size, not sex. I have always had to take 10 mg. I am on disability now due to anxiety/depression and have Medicare. His psychiatric group is the only one where I live that accepts Medicare. I feel as if this issue is forcing me to accept substandard mental health care.

November 30th, 2016